Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

1st smoke free day

17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi there new to site let me know how u r doing my quit date is on the 7th .. i will keep every1 posted on how i am doing. i am on the chantix
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys! I've made it through another day. Today was pure hell. I had such intense cravings today that I wasn't sure I'd make it. But I did. It took having a good cry, asking to be left alone and getting lost in my music for a while to get through. I've found that cinnamon gum or hard candies seem to be working for me to keep my mouth busy. Nicotine is an evil drug. It was trying to convince me in the middle of a craving today to go ahead...smoke...the dr was wrong...you can have just one...it won't hurt you. I know it's the cravings talking and was able to not smoke by cuddling up with my girls and watching the original disney cartoon movie Robin Hood. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 58 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10.16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
Day 3 seems to be alright so far. Biggest thing I've noticed today is that I'm exhausted. Last night was a bit rough. I woke up every 20 minutes all through the night craving a cigarette. I've kept a bag of baby carrots close by today to keep my mouth busy. The cinnamon gum/candy was leaving an odd taste in my mouth this morning. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 72 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
I found this website last night doing a search. Today is my 1st smoke free day. It's been ok so far but I could do without this crying at the drop of a hat! How long does that part of the withdrawl process usually last? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
I'm doing it cold turkey. Since October I've had an awful cough that wouldn't stop. As the months have gone on it's gotten to be pretty painful and I don't stop coughing until I vomit. I knew in my heart something was wrong but since I'm only 30 I didn't want to believe it was serious. After getting to the point that I couldn't stand how much my lungs hurt anymore I went to the Dr. Was told I have emphysema already. Well I started smoking at age 11 so it's been 19 years of abuse to my body. That along with the family history of smoking related illnesses, a grandmother who died at 58 because of it, and my 2 girls who are 4 and 3 yrs old I decided enough was enough. I'm not ready to die and leave them behind too soon. In the past my excuse to go back to smoking was always that I was young and had plenty of time to quit later. Hearing that I have emphysema was a HUGE wake-up call that if I don't quit there won't be many tomorrows left.
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the site....nsgirl I see I have found a fellow person that has the same quit date as me this is cool.... We can be partners in crime if ya want.... For now welcome we are here to help and support you...All you have to do is check in and let us know whats going on with you....Its that simple
17 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hows it going, ns girl? is your cough getting any better? dont worry it gets easier, you're doing great so far! stay well and keep us posted. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 237 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hope you are doing ok today NSgirl!! Hope it helps to know I'm thinking of you. Keep thinking to yourslef... What's easier? Quiting and the craves/withdrawl....or not quiting and hearing a doctor tell you...."it's too late" Your on the right road. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 853 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $187.74 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You certainly have the motivation and the right attitude to suceed in your quit. Have you talked to your doctor about NRT? It may help you through the first (and worst) part of the quit. There are many products around, some with and without nicotine. All have been used by someone on this site. Read and post often, everyone here will help you through this! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 464 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I cried for the first time in many years during the first day of non-smoking. I'm not usually an emotional person, and I didn't really have a good reason for crying. Based on my time on this list it seems each person has individual symptoms to the quit that come and go, but get less and less. There are a few times that seem more predictable (the first few days, around three weeks, just past 30 days). It seems like those hurdles are talked about alot on the lists. Quitting is hard. No doubt. But it does get easier. I've had a few rough days (this past weekend was very hard for me), but this list has helped me through. Stick with it. And when things get rough come here first. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 514 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $234 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$263,412.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8459 Hours: 21

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: