Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Terrified in so many ways

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Birthday and CONGRATULATIONS! I am wondering if you are still having nightmares? A few years ago I had them while taking Zyban (wellbutrin). I just got a Rx from the doctor last night for more wellbutrin...hopefully to help me STOP eating! I'm doing Chantix this time, along with exedrin PM (to get to sleep) and another try at Wellbutrin. You are doing fantastic! Yours was one of the first posts I read when I was contemplating my quit...you helped without even knowing it! Thank you! MomMom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 441 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I have just found this site and am really pleased with it. I can so relate to yur fears I have had them too but now I have given up I just wish it hadn't taken me so long. I have smoked for 26 years, oh my God when I actually write it down that is so disgusting. i have tried many times before but always failed. This time is for good, I got ill last week with a really bad throat infection and was in bed for 5 days, didn't smoke in that time and thought it seemed mad to start again when I got well.The way I have started to look at it is like this: Yes if I have a cigarette it will stop my cravings but for how long? I'll just have to have anouther one in 30mins 40 mins however long and so it goes on.If I just stay strong and get through each craving then they will stop, it' just a matter of time and meanwhile I get back controll of my life and my health I CAN DO THIS and so can you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 84 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �7.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi PW. I've quit my pack a day this past January 5th. No gum. No patch. 31 years of smoking (minus a couple of six-plus months when I was free of it.) The first 4 days was a little tough. I woke up at 3 AM and immediately went back to sleep mumbling "Don't want it. Don't need it." When the craving came I just thought to myself "Don't want it. Don't need it." and the cravings became less and less. Plus I walked a lot. My breathing is much easier. I can jog for short distances. Also I have $200 in my pocket and counting! Look at all the good things that came to me when I quit that expensive, nasty habit. You can do it easily enough when the time comes that you dont want it any more. And you definitely don't need it any more. If you need a hand up, let me know. The time has come, my friend. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 789 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $217 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hurray, we can quit together!!! I haven't cut back but I am doing this tomorrow. keep posting and we can keep each other company [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yay!!! Two days smoke free! Congratulations!! Please keep posting here especially if you have any moments where you think you might slip. This community is awesome and we will help you through it. You are doing great!!!!!! Danni [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$326,980.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 13

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hear ya.. My quit is 30 days old now.. You and I started smoling about the same time in life, but I smoked for 50 (count em 50) years.. YOU CAN DO IT ! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 366 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$544,968.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7442 Hours: 19

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your decison to stop smoking! You'll be glad you did. May I recommend a book (you can get CD's to listen to in your car of it, and I hear there is a DVD out now too) called "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" . It will help you change your mindset about smoking and will help you rid yourself of the fear of quitting. It will also teach you that you aren't giving up anything... you aren't making a sacrifice, you are only gaining your life back. Freedom from nicotine. Freedom from running your life around smoking. Freedom from health worries, wasting money, and self loathing. Once you can change your mindset, quitting is like second nature. Everyday that passes I think less and less about smoking and more and more about how great I am feeling being a non smoker. I was scared to death of quitting until I got through that book. It changed everything for me. You can do it! (everytime I type those words I think about the movie The Water Boy... LOL) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 68 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$280,999.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5353 Hours: 23

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, here I am.. STILL SMOKE FREE. Just want to let everyone know that it can be done and today is my 25th birthday.... first one in 10 years that dosen't involve a cigarette!! yay!!! pattie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 693 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $131.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$817,452.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4310 Hours: 4

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you all so very much for the inspirational words... Febuary 3rd is going to be one hell of a day for me that's for sure. I just realized that I have a date that night with a very nice guy. First date too... just sent him a text to warn him that if I morph into super ***** that's why lol That day i'm going to clean the house from top to bottom, get dolled up (i work in an auto shop.. dolled up is a huge thing for me lol) and go to a movie before my date so I get my mind off of the smoke for the whole day (hopefully). I'm sure I will have plenty of neurotic posts on here soon! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$817,452.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

well... today is my day two.... Yesterday went a lot better than I thought it would other than I ate a little more than usual, but oh well. Today is the b***h. I'm shaky, nervous, and not much fun to be around. I think its a combo of a lot of things but I will have to see. Well, my son just got home so I will see all of you later! TWO DAYS SMOKE FREE!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 42 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$817,452.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: