Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,781 Members

Please welcome our newest members: LBUELA, RBORBON, ATIQUI, A_Cyclist, Cecilia_EH

I feel like crap

17 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone!! I am doing much better! DAY 3!!!!!!! Yes i find my self saying oh lets go have a cig now without even thinking about it. But i am NO!! I am a no smoker and I no longer want to be an addict. Thanks for all of your comment they have really helped. I bought the Allen Carr book. I can't out it down. It has also helped. I CAN DO THIS!!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 43 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$72,745.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5962 Hours: 7

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I quit today! 8 hours and I am dying!! I feel like crap!!! I know I can do it. I just keep telling myseld tomorrow will be better and to take this one day at a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$72,745.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks for your support. I think I will go buy that book tomorrow. I keep fearing good things about it here. I am using the patch. I tried to get chantix i got a prescription and everything when to the pharmacy to find out it wasn't covered by my insurance. Blue Cross bummer. But I know I can do it anyways. I have hope and faith. I wanted to try cold turkey too but I thought my chances would be greater with the patch. I really want this to work. Even thogh this morning i kept saying one more and then I wil quit but I didnt let myseld have that one more. Boy am i tired!!! Please keep up yoour words of encouragemnt to me I need them. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$72,745.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Loved reading this! I just smoked my last cigarette, and I'm already proud of myself! Hope I still feel that way tomorrow, but I like the idea of being pissed off! I figure if I can live through the death of two parents, and a divorce, I can live through quitting smoking after 32 years! Hang in there Spike! I'll be with ya tomorrow!
17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jim - That was very inspirational...I've been PO'd, too. PO'd that I tortured myself for over 30 years with this crap. Thanks for the reinforcement, man. Peace. -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 137 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$358,044.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9160 Hours: 16

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Spike -- If you THINK you feel like crap, you WILL feel like crap. Mind over matter. Walk it off. You're stronger than that. Hell, if I can do it, anyone can! Everyday gets better. Read a book or something...JUST DON'T SMOKE! Peace. -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 124 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$358,044.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9160 Hours: 16

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 40 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Spikearoo: Hang in there! I have 15 days today, and it feels sooo good! I came really close to smoking again on Christmas, and just the closed stores stopped me, but I am so happy that I didn't. What always got me back into it was the feeling that it didn't matter if I smoked for another day or so, after all, it's been 50 years! But after doing that several times, I got it that it does matter, if what I want to do is quit smoking. And that's what I want to do! And, as I hear around here: if I can do it, so can you! Keep it up! Lladro [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 324 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $82.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$250,063.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7453 Hours: 10

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Right on, Jim and 2Tone! Once I aimed my anger at the right place -- my 35 years of giving myself over to this ridiculous, disgusting addiction -- THEN I was able to stay quit. Like you, Jim, there's NO WAY I'm giving it one more day -- I'M in control now and it feels SO GOOD!! In previous quits, I would wander around feeling terribly sorry for myself because I couldn't have my smokes. Obviously, that attitude only got me right back into smoking. This time -- I'm pissed off -- and it's making all the difference in the world! P.S. I'm with you -- those damn tobacco companies should be drawn and quartered! Keep the faith! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,357 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $664 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Spike, Kick some ash my friend! Kill the urge, it wants to kill you! Its no fun to hear the doctor tell you that chemo might work! Its sucks! Its a lonley path down the chemo trail! You feel like a failure! You get so scared and you cry. You also feel sorry for yourself! Do you know what its like when you cough up blood? Well, I hope you never do that cuz thats the first sign of the end of your life! Sorry to be so blunt, but think about it! Tell the urge to go and kiss you ash! Dont give into its grip! Kill it and kill it hard! Good luck my friend! Remember, the people on this site care about you! So does the support staff! DOWN WITH R.J. RYNOLDS!!!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $247.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey spike, what do ya like? If you think you feel like crap now, wait till you are in that hospital bed with tubes stuck in every orifice of your body. Then you will really feel like crap. This feeling you have now is nothing! Rely on all these people here. Get pissed off! Take every urge and run with it! Cigs are killing all of us, one second at a time! So kill it befor it kills you. My quit is unique in itself. I just keep getting pissed off at the urge. I control it, it dont control me! The urge controled me for many years, its my turn now! So make it your turn now! Good luck my friend! Down with R.J. Rynolds!!!!!!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 872 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1

Reading this thread: