Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

first day

17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's a very good question Barbara. [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=26926&forum=1]Top 10 Signs You are Addicted to the SSC[/url] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 378 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,316 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1890 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Barbara. Yes it is possible to be addicted the SSC. Many of us are but it won't kill us :p Keep taking one step at a time and let us know how you are doing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 427 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,559 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1494.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Barbara on your decision to quit. Don't let the past haunt you. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow awaits you. Quitting is easy for some and harder for others. Either way it may be for you, just remember N.O.P.E. (not one puff ever). That is how we all quit. One step at a time. Welcome to the SSC. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 427 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,552 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1494.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks you guys. i really appreciate your thoughts. i keep updating and looking for responses. thanks!! hey, here is an addict thought, is it possible to get addicted to ssc. barbara [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
ok. today is my first day. i put a patch on 3 1/2 hours ago. i was reluctant to use the patch, but i am willing to try anything. i had quit in 1988 and started again in 2002. not sure what number i am on in trying to stop, maybe 5 or 6. i quit cold turkey in 1988 with no problems, just put out my cigarette and never touched one again until 2002. not the same now, of course i am older but obviously not smarter. so, here i am. i feel good about my decision. i am a bit angry at my past inability to quit. i am the director of a non-profit social service agency and for luck or support i put my patch on in front of my staff at work. we end all of our weekly staff meetings with a positive, something we are thankful for, and when my turn came i stood up and put on the patch. thank you for listening and i appreciate whatever support you may allow me to borrow from you. barbara [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
hi meka. congrats to you also. are you going cold turkey? thanks for posting!! barbara [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 24 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
n2k - that was to funny !! i like your style. cybrduke - yeah i looked at the size of your meter, very impressive big boy!! doing okay here on the start of day 2. put on patch #2 and ready to roll. i say 2 girls smoking outside of borders with a cup of coffee, was very tempted to sit down with them, but..... have kept myself very busy, this is the first i have sat down today. i find myself planning the day like i would around my cigarettes, amazing i would plan a day around cigarettes. my mind seems to be in overdrive, kind of spinning around with random thoughts. i think my "go to" food of choice is going to be cherry twizzlers. the kind that are like ropes and you can peel them apart. i have eaten quite a few already today. barbara
bump
afternoon all you sscer's first of all thanks to everyone here. i am working on day 4. i have my 4th patch on and i am hanging in there. day 1 was euphoric, day 2 i did not sit down, day three was very difficult with lots of wandering around aimlessly talking constantly (even when i was alone which was most productive) and yesterday the horns came out !! i was very crabby, but quiet. i am feeling better today physically but mentally very much on edge - i have a new line of swear words on the tip of my tongue that are screaming to come out - some have. oh well. i don't really give a ----. i am determined. we can do this. thanks again everyone. barbara [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 69 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice way to start the quit barbara. Realize that the cigarettes you smoke today are not the same as the smokes you had in 1988. Todays smokes are engineered to deliver more nicotine, faster and to make it very hard to quit. The patch worked for me. Look at my meter!!! Take one day at a time and you can do this. I'm pulling for you. Post often - we'll help you through the tough times! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 178 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1513 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$100,036.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9161 Hours: 20

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: