Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,788 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

first day

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congratulation! this is not my first quit attempt either so i can understand you completely. i just want you to know that if you ever need anything or just someone to talk to im here for you. good strength cuz you dont need luck [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi welcome, I think that is so cool the way you put on the patch, you should have alot of support and i just want you to know you will find alot of support here also. take care heidi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 303 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $59.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$163,688.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6110 Hours: 23

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m180/princessceleste_2006/8.gif[/IMG] There is something in our lives that everyone wishes they could take back... i sure have a few. There is nothing i can do to change the past but i sure have a big say in shaping my future - this is what makes me strong. I can choose to light that next sickarette or not. I choose not. You can do this Barbara, one day at a time - you can do this. PrincessC :) x
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ROTFLMAO :p N2k, love the top ten signs post!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 521 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Welcome, Barbara! There is a lot of support here and alot of experience in it's members. You are not alone! Sounds like you have a good support network at work as well. Keep busy this weekend. Weekends are a little slow here, but there is generally someone close by! Congrats on a wise decision! :)
Barbara: Again, congrats on such a wise decision to quit. About your question of addiction to SSC---whenever I feel like coming here is actually distracting me from what I need to do day-to-day, or if coming here begins to [i]trigger[/i] craves, we simply get on, explain our position and take a break. Lots of folks do that and there are no bad feelings and you sign off knowing you are cared about and welcomed back when you are comfortable. In the meantime, there is a lot of support and wisdom here that you can benefit from. On a lighter note.... Cybrduke, inticing others to look at the size of your meter sounds kind of [i]odd[/i]! ;p
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your decision to quit smoking. Knowledge is power, so get prepared. Get prepared for your mind to deal with emotions without the mask of a drug. Be fully aware that your life routine will have to be experienced without smoking cigarettes for you to be quit. So throw them away. Do not save any. What is your routine? When do you smoke? Make a list of your triggers (when you would normally smoke). It is better to think about all of these things ahead of time so that you can go into battle prepared. Replace your bad habit (smoking) with good habits. Read about healthy ways to deal with stress/emotions and start practicing your new coping skills. Get yourself ready physically by walking more, take in more fluids, get plenty of rest and avoid becoming overtired. I think it is great you've told people about your quit. Tell everyone you know that you�re going to quit. Get yourself a Quit Buddy who will be there to provide you personal quit-smoking help and support. You can pick a mentor from this site if you wish and talk to them one on one through the SSC messenger. Fight the urge to protect yourself from looking silly if you don�t make it all the way. Believe in yourself from the very beginning. Make it come true. If you don�t make it this time, what matters is that you get back up and try again right away. Also, don�t forget to make rewards a part of your plan. Quitting takes a lot of work, so you want to make sure you give yourself credit along the way. Keep a list of rewards you look forward to - it will help keep you motivated. Watch out for alcohol, social situations, other smokers, weight gain, and bad moods/depression. These things can make you fall off the Quit Wagon. Like I�ve said � be prepared for these things. You can do this and make it stick. We�ll be here to support you if you need us. I look forward to celebrating your milestones with you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,378 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $448 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$54,562.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5962 Hours: 19

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Barbara, Thanks for checking in! Your on the right track. Keep trying to build up your repertoire of coping mechanisms for cravings. Keep us posted! Danielle ____________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Barbara, Congratulations on kicking the habit! Start working through the program and remember this is a learning experience and practicing this new habit of not smoking takes time before it becomes second nature. Take some time to look at past quit attempt. Pull out the strategies that worked best for you when trying to fight cravings and modify/change the ones that didn't. What led to your slip/relapse? Any triggers? How will you get around them this time? Furthermore, take some time to observe your current routines. When do you smoke? why? and strengthen your quit plan by basing it on your observations. Ex: You use to have coffee and a cigarette first thing in the morning. Now you'll read the paper while drinking your coffee? Do you have a reward system? It should have three components: small one for after each craving, medium for the end of each smoke-free day and a bigger one for the end of each smoke-free week. It doesn't matter what reward you choose so long as you value it and are willing to work for it. Do you have a list of distractions? Keep us posted, Danielle _________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome. I can completely relate to your statment of "i am a bit angry at my past inability to quit." I must say this site is very understanding and will welcome you with open arms. They say never stop quitting, one day it may it will be your last. Anyway hang in there. Whatever method you choose and if it works for you that is great. Have a great day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

Reading this thread: