Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Been here before

17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
of course you will do it!!!! So what you slipped up there are members who have secretly slipped up if we are totally honest and Im not afraid to say that but the main issue is that you are stronger and more determined to stay Quitt so I think thats great!! I dont beleive in kicking people when they are down ie praise when you are doing well but look down when you are going thru a bad time!! Good luck
17 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gonna - You are too funny! Sending good thoughts & prayers your way. Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 197 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hurstk; Know what your going thru, as I'm back from a 3-day slip after a 15 day quit. Yes, the guilt is overwhelming but push through it. Glad to see you are back on track w/a quit plan. Life for all of us gets really, really hard at times. I think the best we all can do is just be human. We failed -- failure (and success) will always be a part of us throughout our lives. So lets get on to our current quits & SUCCESS this time! Please try not to add the guilt/shame over this to the pile of stuff going on right now. Maybe just concentrate on breaking life down in simple tasks & try not to look back. I certainly don't have all the answers but what I do know is that getting right back into the quit helps. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 190 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm really sorry that you fell off the wagon. I have really been thinking about you a lot - we have so much in common. Today when I was pacing the floor wondering what to do about my landlord's lacky refusing to fix my toilet, I was thinking "What would Hurstk do?", so i called him up and called him a chicken s**t pansy. He fixed the toilet, but i'm expecting to be evicted now. Anyhow - i'm also really glad that you're back. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,035 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $481 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OMG - I listened to the very same tapes! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,085 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $481 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hurstk you are too funny, stay away from those triggers LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,075 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $284 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gonnadoit, Hu. I don't know what to say I feel bad for you, I know what you were going through and I don't know what I would have done in your place. I'm glad you're getting back on the wagon, that's the best thing you can do for yourself, you still have a change to bury nicodemon in your back yard .... Do it one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,064 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Danielle, I DID take the patch off while smoking. I just put it back on last night. I set today as my quit date, but I actually smoked my last one last night. Hooray for me! I will use the 7 mg for a week and then go it alone. I am no longer using the wellbutrin either.
I went to the store and bought some (sinful) chocolate coffee as my reward at the end of today. Been drinking lots of (sugar free)green tea and water today. Also hot mint green tea with splenda. I really haven't had much time to crave today since I have spent an awful lot of time running to the potty after all those fluids! :)
My hardest time of the day is when I go home. Hubby is still very strong in his quit (05/23/06) and has been off patches for about three weeks now. He seems to have done it so easily. I don't know why, but pulling up in the driveway in the evening is SUCH a trigger. I am going to go home, get everything I need done, drink my chocolate coffee and go to be early. That seemed to work best in the prior quit. Many moons ago, when my 5 kids were all little toddlers, I tried to quit with the use of a subliminal tape I ordered. I would listen to the waves crashing on the tape, gentle rain, etc... On the third day I sent the tape back and asked for a refund. My tape was defective. The message had nothing to do with quitting smoking; it was instructing me to kill the kids! :gasp: I think my kids are a trigger!!! Therefore, I will avoid them at all costs! :confuse: HA!

Reading this thread: