Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Cost of Smoking in New Jersey

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ummmm, here in Canada, cigarettes were around $ 9.00 per pack, last time I looked, which was about 52 days ago. And the conversion from the U.S. dollar to CDN is very low right now. A few years ago, the Ontario government reduced cigarette tax by about 1/2 - to discourage the smuggling that was prevalent at the time. Since then, the prices have slowly crept back up. What a great incentive. That's why my $ saved is already so high. sushik [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,284 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $459 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A pack cost $3 to $3.50 in Missouri. Cartons are around $30.00 Do you all have the Discount cigarette stores. The kind that is all they sell? We do. I have never been in one. When I smoked I always bought a few packs at a time never a carton. What are we all planning to do with the money we have saved? Short term rewards or save up for something big? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shutterbug wrote: We have a LOT of smokers here in Louisiana. As of Jan 1, 2007, there will be no more smoking sections in restaurants here (yes we still have them). Here in Missouri we are die hards. You can still smoke in restaurants/bars/ bowling alleys. I even pulled my son out of a kids bowling league because of the all the adult smoking. I could not breath in there so I was sure the kids could not. I do believe two years later they made it smoke free when the kids were there in the morning however the place smelled like one big ashtray. I let my son go back an bowl after they madeit smoke free. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 313 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here in Louisiana (southern part of LA), we can buy Dorals for $19.99/carton, and Marlboro for $33/carton. We have a LOT of smokers here in Louisiana. As of Jan 1, 2007, there will be no more smoking sections in restaurants here (yes we still have them). [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 73 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jerlasvegas Isn't it great not to have to worry about the cost of ciggs, or where you can publically smoke, or what you smell like, etc. anymore! It's great to be FREE, isn't it. You're doing great, keep going, I'm right behind you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ex-slave wrote..."Marlboros were between $1-$1.50 a pack. The tobacco companies know that if they are going to get people hooked in Mexico, the cigs have to be affordable. Oh, their diabolical plan!" Not actually. The cigarette companies don't get tht 7 bucks a pack - that's all decided by how much taxes each state or country charges the consumer... your state get's everything in excess of about a dollar and half of what you pay for cigs. I live on the Arizona/California/Nevada border, and cigarettes range from 3.33 a pack at the indian store in Laughlin NV, to 5.50 at the gas stations here in AZ. When I did my quit meter, i split the difference and went with 4.50 per pack. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When i first started smoking a pack used to cost me around $5, then they went up to $7 and i swore i would quit. lol which i did for 3 years. then when i took it up again (yup - crazy me) they were around $8. I loved being in the U.S coz it was only costing me $3.50 a pack in FL, a carton cost me $26.00 compared to in Australia costing $10.20 a pack at the grocery store and up to $12 a pack at the gas station (i rarely ever bought from the gas station) a carton cost me $87.00. I was buying a carton a week (yes i bow my head in shame) so $348 a month was going up in smoke!! I chose to smoke instead of eat, sighs. Not any more N.O.P.E Celeste :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 1128 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sorry :s based on todays currency it is... $10.20 aus = $7.67 us, $6.05 euro $87.00 aus = $65.48 us, $51.61 euro Wow looking at that, why do we waste so much money for something so bad? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 270 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here in Germany the cost of a packet of 24 is about 7,6$... Our money jar is filling up pretty quick! Hey, if week 1 is hell week, week 2 heck week, what is week 3? Brenda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 172 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $53.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 262 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was paying $55.30 for a carton of Salems and buying two cartons a week just for me! I used to pay about $21.00 for a half gallon of coffee brandy and bought 3 of them a week just for me! INSANITY Well anyway that is the cost of these habits in Livermore, Maine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: