Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

Hi again

18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
newbkr, You know my tag line... "Knowledge Replaces Fear". You have the knowledge about the quit process. You know the lies that cigarettes whisper in your ear. Use that knowledge to fight and defeat any crave that you may have. No part of your life will be better if you smoked. You know that to be true. Hold on to that fact and never let go of it. You can't slip if you never light a cigarette. Stay focused on your quit. On you new life. On your freedom. Use the Strength, Determination, Commitment and Positive Attitude I know that you possess. You will succeed. Me? An AARP member made a spring chicken like you blush?? Wow.. you just made my day! :p Best wishes. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size] [size=2][color=purple]Hoping for success without hard work is like trying to harvest without planting.[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 375 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,389 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $918.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 65 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$36,377.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9780 Hours: 5

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
newbkr, Demons can be a nasty thing to deal with. You've probably seen where people have posted that a quit isn't quite complete until you've gone through all four seasons and experienced each without a cigarette. Hence the importance of the One Year anny. In your situation, you may be in the same boat, but instead of the quit going four seasons, you may need your healing to go four seasons before you no longer need to be numb for a time. Our minds are enormously complicated devices that are unique to each and every individual. It's easy from where I sit to dole out advice to quitters, but your situation is very special and only you can make that decision about when to move on with things and stop the 'cycle' as you refer to it. You are very correct in that smoking numbs people out in terms of dealing with issues. That is probably it's best selling point. The down side is that once the smoke is over with, the issues are still there. You have realized this and are now seeking an alternative. You have my deepest respect and heartfelt best wishes in your quest for your new life. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size] [size=2][color=purple]Hoping for success without hard work is like trying to harvest without planting.[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 375 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,390 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $918.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 65 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$36,377.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9780 Hours: 5

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, newbkr. Welcome back. You've been missed. Four days into it and we didn't even know. Tsk, tsk! :) Seriously, I'm glad to hear you're healing and are feeling back up to quitting. I've been worried about you for some time, but always had a feeling you'd be okay. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 366 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,329 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1390.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Hi, newbkr. Aren't all these folks just the greatest? [quote] I have been hesitant for so long to talk about any of this on this site, feeling that people might think "ARG -- it's a smoking cessation site, not a counseling service!"[/quote] IMO, the two are so intricately entwined, they cannot be separated. To deal with one, you must deal with the other. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 367 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,355 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1394.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
Hi, newbkr. Glad you (and your coworkers) made it through intact. :) I remember my third day. Wish I couldn't, but I do. :8o: Welcome back to the roller coaster. ;) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 367 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1394.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This was the best news I have had today. To see you back here at home. To see you caring enough about YOU to jump into this journey again. Oh what misery - i can too well remember. But now, I just wonder what in the heck took me so long! This freedom is delicious. You will love it. Rant and whine all you want. As you know, we have all done our share, over and over and over again. That's what made my quit successful - having the folks here for support. So...don't be lurking in the background. We've missed you!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 405 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,139 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1417.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$795,760.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5690 Hours: 0

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning -- Happy Memorial Day to everyone. I'm fighting the good fight today. Thanks for all of the words of encouragement. I am traveling on business starting later today and probably will not be able to be on site until Friday night at the earliest. Don't take my silence as a bad sign -- it's just lack of computer access. Everyone have a great week...I'll talk to you again next weekend. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$204,624.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5905 Hours: 11

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

:blush: I climbed into my (now well worn) pity pot Friday night after work and smoked...and continued to smoke through yesterday. The anxiety of being alone and missing the way life was before October starts to build as the weekend approaches each week and peaks when I get off work Friday nights. I know that facing it just a few times without hiding by smoking will extinguish that trigger or at least weaken it considerably. Now -- just got to find the nerve to face those first times. Grrrr. I am firmly back on the wagon today. I just read Luna's post about her mom and it really made me think. Am I going to let nicotine take my power from me? Am I going to let loss take my power from me? They are one and the same question right now. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$204,624.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Wow...you guys sure know how to make someone feel welcome -- thanks so much!
  • Quit Meter

$204,624.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks for the vote of confidence Shevie -- BIG congrats to you one year. I loved your ramble. So much of it resonated with me. I think you share my thoughts that a big part of quitting is "hmm...now I have to figure out who I am". I spent part of the last six months trying to figure out how to reduce my desire to step in front of a moving bus. Doing much better though, and now it's time to "get it together". [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 48 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$204,624.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: