Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

Hi again

18 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
newbkr, Welcome back! I can totally relate to what you're feeling in terms of loss, sadness, grief, the need to 'not feel'. I also know that if I truly want to heal I need to feel my feelings. Good, bad and ugly. For me, that means putting down my most effective coping mechanism - the cigs. The emotional journey of my quit has been so hard but I think I am finally willing to go through it for real. For 30+ years I have been pushing away my emotions with smoking and now I need to learn how to do this life thing a new way. And for me that is SOOO scary. It has really been a day at a time thing and no matter what- just for today - I will not smoke. Wishing you all the best! Colleen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,339 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1092.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$59,113.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6651 Hours: 15

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
newbkr, Please don't feel there is ANY need for you to apologize for having a 'pass me a kleenex moment'. I don't know your story but I can definitely relate to the feelings and we NEED a place where we can be totally open and honest about our feelings if we are going to be successfull in our quits. I believe that this is the place! So often we are told to stop feeling sorry for ourselves when all we are feeling is simply sorrow. Or we are told to pull up our bootstraps and get over it - so then we push down our feelings - I've got grief unresolved from the death of my Mom almost 40 yrs. ago that I as a child was NOT encouraged to express. This grief is with me still and it is only now that I am not smoking that it is rising to the surface. I am SOOOO grateful to have a therapist to help me LEARN how to feel and express. Blessings on this journey ... Colleen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,367 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1104.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$59,113.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6651 Hours: 15

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, look who's back....its newbker!!!! Good for you, jumpin' back on the quit wagon is a great decision. That was such a tragedy....take it easy and be very kind to yourself and this, too, will pass. NOPE, Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 305 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1525 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Newbkr... Talk to us. How are you doing? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 331 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,630 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1158.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
newbkr.. Stop hiding behind the smoke. It's time to move forward. You CAN do this. Smoking doesn't help. I'll bring the kleenex and we can hang out. Remember every day is one day closer to never feeling this way again. End the cycle. I know it is hard, almost unbearable but you are strong and so full of courage. Most would have given up by now but not you. You are a surviver. Keep going my friend. You are going to make it! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 331 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,632 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1158.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
May you wake up this morning full of fight and determination to move forward with the rest of your life. You really are not alone Newbkr. We are here with you and we are rooting for you. Now get it together and kick some Nico Butt today! Let us know how we can help you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 332 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,646 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1162 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Hi newbkr... I've seen you lurking around and was just waiting for you to come forward. You know I'm here for you and so is everyone else. The emotional part of this journey is the worst part but I'm finally starting to see some light and you will too. One step at a time. As far as the dizzy goes, I had that problem a lot more than I've seen people post about. Drink a lot water, take some deep breaths and don't get up too fast. It will pass. Welcome home ((((((Hugs))))))) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 327 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,549 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1144.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Newbkr... Just checking on you. How is it going? Yell if you need us. You know we are here! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 327 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,556 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1144.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Newbkr, my friend, I believe you just found the key to freedom! Open the door. :) Everything we do has to do with not smoking. That is what it means to be a quitter. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 328 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,574 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1148 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
Newbkr... can we just share some kleenex today? I'm having an emotional day myself. You know, there are still times I want to run and hide behind a cigarette. Ofcourse it's much different at this stage of the journey. I wouldn't dare do it but it is much easier than figuring out a way to deal with all these stupid emotions that just won't go away. I've come to the conclusion that some days just suck. Smoking has always been my crutch and my way of dealing with absolutely everything. Now there are days that I feel like a spoiled child that cries at the drop of a dime. *pass the kleenex, today is one of those days. There are no easy solutions. We just go through each day and do the best we can. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and when we don't know what to do, just do whatever comes next. I can't count the days I've gotten through doing whatever comes next even when I smoked. It's hard but you are in good company and you have friends here that care. Emotions... too bad we can't just pack them up and put them in a closet somewhere. Oh wait! That is what we did when we smoked. They (whoever they are) say that the sooner we get started the sooner we will get done. It gets better. We learn, we grow, we develop, we move on, we progress, we succeed, and if we are lucky, we meet some people that touch our lives along the way. Hang in there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 328 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,573 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1148 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55

Reading this thread: