Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

Hi again

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[size=4](((((((HUGS)))))))[/size] Big hugs for you, my friend. I am so proud of you. You didn't smoke. Against all odds, you made it. Now lets do it again tomorrow. If you kill your co-worker, make sure you hide the body well. You are going to make it Newbkr. I feel it this time. You didn't give in to the temptation to give up. That is huge! Five minutes at a time. I know it is a long tough road to travel but you have some really good people to keep you company along the way. You can lean on us. We will help you. Just stay close by. You are a very special person Newbkr. I really want to see you be successful in this quit. The emotional roller coaster is rough but I'm sure it's no worse than what you have already been through. I want you to experience the growth and the freedom that quitting brings. I know if you can just make it through these first few weeks you be so glad you did it. You are going to feel so much better and then be able to mend emotionally. It took a lot for me to get there too. My heart really goes out to you. I'll keep you in my prayers. You are not alone. I am always here for you. You know how to reach me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 327 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,559 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1144.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 104 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back! I am here on round 2 as well. My first round lasted almost 4 months and I find myself here once again. It's great that you and I can hold up our heads and walk through this door without hesitation. I never once felt that friends here would lecture me or make me feel as though I were a failure. I am glad you are back and I look forward to your postings :) love, sally [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,356 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $468 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Newbkr... Sooooo wonderful to see you back....you have been thought of often, and definately missed. You've got the first three days under you belt...Way to go....keep up the good work and let us know if you need any help... Luv, [IMG]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6451/sweetpea8bk.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 268 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,227 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1203.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back!!!!!!!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 359 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,191 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1615.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Newbkr, I'm sure you remember that time, almost a year ago, when I chewed you out for smoking, when really, I was talking to myself since I was having such a hard day, and took it out on you. Every single time I write a tough love post, or even a post that slightly resembles a tough love post, I think of that mistake I made and try to think about how I would react to what I want to say. So now, I'm going to speak honestly and from the heart, and I believe that what I am about to say needs to be said and believe me when I say that it is being said in love. The fact is that you suffered a great loss a few months ago and nobody here is denying the grief that you must have felt then and still now. To quit now, so soon after such a tragic loss, shows great strength and courage. But... cancer doesn't care! Emphasyma doesn't care! All of the other smoking related illnesses out there don't care either! They'll kill you, slowly and painfully, whether you've suffered a horrible loss or not! The fact is that you're alive today. Embrace that fact and live your life to the fullest! Smoking only takes away from our lives... it does not add anything! It cannot make the past not real. You can use the excuse that you've suffered a great loss, and frankly, nobody here, or anywhere for that matter, can blame you. If I had suffered the kind of loss that you did, I'm not sure I would be able to keep my quit either, but I hope that I never have to find that out. But the reality is that smoking will kill you anyway... whether you've suffered greatly already or not. You obviously don't want to die that slow and painful death because you're here thinking about quitting and at least trying to quit. So quit! We're here to help you, as always, and we will never give up on you. But, as long as smoking is an option and you continue to use your grief as an excuse to smoke, then I'm afraid you will keep on smoking. When you are truly ready to say that smoking is absolutely not an option under any circumstances, only then can you quit successfully. Please join us! I hope nothing I have said was too harsh. It certainly was not meant to be. I just really really really want to see you quit for good! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B
Newbkr, Sorry, I didn't see your post when I posted what I just did. Wow, sounds like you've had a pretty crappy day, but kudos for not smoking!!! It sounds like you're really going to do it this time! Way to go! You gain strength each time you make it through a tough craving or a tough day, and it sounds like you've had a killer one... so lots of strength gained today! :) At least that's one way of looking at it, right? I hope you have a much better tomorrow! Hang in there, girl! You're doing awesome! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 208 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,223 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $859.04 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
[size=4][color=purple]WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!![/size][/color] You have definitely been missed!!!!! I'm so happy to see you back! I know what a challenging year you've had, but you know that we're all here for you and to help you through the tough times. Congratulations on the first 3 days! Way to go! We're here if you need us, so just holler! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 208 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,223 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $859.04 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Newbiker, It is so good to see you back again. Life does indeed go on and we need to have you here with us. Please every once in a while let us know how you are getting on with the journey. Remember that Nicodemon loves to get folks when they are lonely, or feeling sorry for themselves. So post something, then go read for a while, then come back and check for answers. You know that we missed you and are keeping you in our prayers. Stay close, and wrap your mind around the fact that you are a non-smoker now and will not give in no matter what. The tighter that wrap, the more commitment to the cause. Cheryl [font=georgia][size=4][color=teal]No Joking, I'm Still Not Smoking![/font][/size][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 325 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,818 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $926.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
newbkr, The longer you allow yourself, or to put it better, to give yourself justification to smoke, the longer it will take you to achieve your goal. We can all swim in the pity pool. There is room there for everyone if we allow ourselves. Life will go on. The past is just that.. the past. Perhaps from where I'm sitting it's easy to say things like that, but like it or not, life does go on. And smoking won't bring back yesterday or hide tomorrow. No matter how much you want it to. Best wishes. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=purple]Hoping for success without hard work is like trying to harvest without planting.[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 378 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $926.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$36,377.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9780 Hours: 5

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
newbkr, Damn, you are a sight for sore eyes!!! Welcome home!! Glad you have finally arrived at that point in your life where you are ready to move forward again. Stay close to the site and post all you want. We well drag you along for this great ride to freedom from nicotine addiction!! Best wishs. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size] [size=2][color=purple]Hoping for success without hard work is like trying to harvest without planting.[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 375 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,383 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $918.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 65 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$36,377.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9780 Hours: 5

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: