Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,707 Members

Please welcome our newest members: HIngle_McCringleberry, DezSkin, josephinee, KPALMA, plouds

New

18 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Has anyone found that they have gained a significant amount of weight during quitting? Also - anyone have some advice for dealing with the inevitable happy hour (or other outings where alcohol is involved?) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
I have just decided to quit (again) but this time I am more serious then I have ever been. I am so SICK of smoking and also sick of quitting and then getting sucked back into it. I know that I am happier when I am not smoking...I just need to find other ways of dealing with the emotions that trigger my "need". I am glad to find a place where there are others in the same position - just knowing that i am not alone does a world of good for me! Thanks for listening!! =) - Pitstop
Thanks Mr. Ed...tell me about yourself and your road to recovery.
Wow - thanks everyone for all of the helpful advice! I have been working on the program to the left and it is really helpful...I see some of you have been smoke-free for quite a while now - it is encouraging to see that. I know I need to take it day by day. I appreciate everyone's willingness to be so supportive! =) Pitstop [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
18 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heh, I'm gonna totally get thrown by trying to remember to include my little meter thing. B [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 67 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hiya Pitstop - Congratulations mate. I just posted here as well with a 'I just quit' message. Looks like we are on about the same track. Keep it up. You can get through it. For me, my biggest help so far has been staying pissed off enough about the health issues assosciated with smoking and pissed off that I was a slave to the smokes. I also try to keep my mind off it, since I don't always stayed as pissed off as I need to be. :) I went to a pulmonologist 2 weeks ago. I'm currently 36. I've been smoking since about age 20, and seriously smoking since about 23 or so. I had to do a Pulmonary Function Test. It's the test where you breathe out as hard as you can into a machine that measures air-flow, resistance, etc. I was told I have the lungs of a 64 year old man. Nice, huh? B
18 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome and congratulations on making the decision to quit. I myself am new and doing it cold turkey...it is hard but remember, all the wonderful things about not smoking. Carmen
18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi PitStop, Sorry - forgot to include my quit meter last time. I'm on week 10 of patches - i'll be off them next week and I'm optimistic. Never tried quitting before, but as so many people say, it's a case of wanting to stop more than wanting to smoke. ...and that's why you sound like you can do it this time. It's 13.15hrs in London and I'm half way through another successful smoke-free day! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �540 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi PitStop, Sounds to me that you're on the right track this time! Your post is full of references to all the negative aspects of smoking; let's face it, there are NO positive ones! I'm sure that you're on the way to a successful quit! Good luck!
18 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Pitstop! My quit date is 1 May...right behind you and can't wait. Congratulations on your quit! Vick

Reading this thread: