Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,518 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Hello

18 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Fran, Congrats on your 5 days. Im not that far ahead of you so I know how you are feeling. I didn't tell anyone that I was quitting either. My hubby didn't know for 2 days and my step daughter didn't notice but I told her and she was so excited for me. Slowly I have been telling more but I was a week into my quit before any of my family knew. Now they call and check on me and are just so excited and supportive. Tell everyone because they will be there when you need them the most. Alley [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 144 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ItsIronic Thank you too! Ok, I'm going to go get rid of that pack as soon as I reply here! :) Tomorrow I will start telling my friends! :gasp: I guess I'm just surprised that my kids haven't noticed bacause they were ALWAYS on me. My son is almost 15 and not a day would go by that he wouldn't say something to me! And now, NADA! LOL! Oh well! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$391,678.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6401 Hours: 18

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Shevie I wish I COULD beg out of the trip to Vegas, however, I really can't. We've had it planned for awhile now, we are all celebrating our 40th birthdays. I'm sure I will tell them soon, I'm just afraid of disappointing any of them. I guess in my warped mind, if I can get through the first two weeks, then I feel that I have a chance to make it. I know, I really do need to get rid of the pack of cigarettes, I'm just so proud that they have been in the drawer for almost a week, and I haven't touched them! All the ashtrays and lighters are gone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$391,678.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Christine and Jackey Thank you! This place has been a wonderful find for me! Just when I want to lite up, I get an email and talk myself out of it! :)
  • Quit Meter

$391,678.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

My name is Fran (Fram was a typo made on another board that stuck!)and I am new here. I have been totally smoke free only since last Wednesday. I finished my last pack Sunday night, however, on Monday I wasn't totally smoke free as I had a couple of "1/2" butts! Tuesday was a bit better as I only had ONE drag, but! Wed. was 100% free! Wed I almost caved even before really starting. It was AWFUL and then I found this board. I even called my husband and told him to pick me up a pack of butts, which I am happy to say is still sitting in the drawer UNTOUCHED! Without any of you even knowing I was lurking, your posts helped me thru that horrible urge! It felt like my skin was crawling! So thank you! Funny thing, my kids have been on me for a LONG time to quit, and now that I have, they haven't even noticed!! I didn't tell anyone I was quitting, and I really don't even know what made me decided to just do it, but I did! I did tell my husband, but, I didn't want to tell people, just in case I failed! The big test will be in two weeks when I go to Vegas! The good thing is my friends don't smoke, but the bad thing is smoking will be ALL around me!! Wonder how long it will take them to realize I'm not smoking?? :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$391,678.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

[quote] I would not recommend someone going there until their quit is secure. And dont let your friends tell you that one drag is okay. N.O.P.E. One drag is not okay when you are quit. Even when you turn into the green monster craving a smoke [/quote] Oh no, they weren't telling me one drag is OK! I hadn't wanted to tell them in case I failed. They were meaning it that, if indeed I did have one, THEY wouldn't tell me I failed, they would just encourage me to just move on from it. And not consider ME a failure. One week tomorrow! WOW! I can't believe THAT!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$391,678.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Disney World! Love it there! I was just there the 1st week in Dec, and can't wait to go back. THIS time I won't have to listen to my son get an attitude with me either for stopping in a smoking area!!! :eg: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 137 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$391,678.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you everyone. I took some more steps, I told my friends about it, and they were very supportive. I also told them WHY I hadn't told them (in case I failed) and they said, that even if I had a drag (which I haven't) they wouldn't consider me a failure and would just encourage me to just get back on track! :) Also, they told me they will stick close to me in Vegas! :) So thank you EVERYONE! I am so happy I found this group!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
  • Quit Meter

$391,678.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Oh and I talked with my husband, and every $50 saved is going into my Disney fund! LOL! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$391,678.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Disney Fund... Sounds like a sound plan to me :p Are you planning on going to Disney Land? or Disney World? Inquiring Minds Gotta know ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,217 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $459.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$215,707.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7816 Hours: 22

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: