Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

18 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Sunshine. You should be proud of yourself. And yes, I would like it very much if you would email me. I am new to this and do not know how it is done.
Thanks to all of you who have responded to my posts. I am truly thankful for all of you.I have set my quit date as the 29th of April, but have moved it up to the 10th [tomorrow] I have been cutting back for the last week or so, and I now have the desire to completely quit. I now know that if I smoke any at all, I will not be successful in my goals of quitting. All of you have given me the boost that I needed to completely quit. Thanks for being there now and later on when it gets really rough.[withdrawal]
Thank you Sunshine, for the support. Have you completely quit? I know that this is going to be hard, but I am determined to quit. It will be so much easier with all the help and support that I have already gotten. I have been smoking 3 packs a day for 22 years and that is a lot of nicotine to get out of my system. It's just a miracle from God that I can breathe as well as I DO. Maybe you could just keep reminding me that it is not only for myself but for the ones I love also. You have given me hope. Thank you
Hi. I'm Sammo. I just joined and I need all the help I can get to quit smoking. My breath is so short that I can hardly do the housework that needs to be done anymore. I also have grandchildren that I am raising and the thought that my smoking is harming them also is something that is hard for me to live with. It is just so hard to quit after smoking 3 packs a day for the last 22 years. I have just started using nicocure. It seems to help a little.
Thank you Jackey, Alley, HealerWithin. You have made me feel welcome,and I am thankful for your replies.I wish you all the luck also and I hope that we may all quit successfully, together. I will try not to lean on all of you too much, but I know that I will need support.If you need to talk to get over the rough spots, as I know I will, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Hi, All. I really can't believe the support that a person can get here. It is unreal.I guess I had forgotten how many good people are still in the world. Yes, today was my quit day. I slipped, and I have smoked several cigarettes today, but I don't guess I did too bad, considering I normally smoke one right after the other. I did go to town and intentionally left my cigarettes at home. I was gone for about 2 hours without one.I am still determined to quit and I know that with the help and support that I get here, that I will succeed. Knowing how hard it is to quit, I sincerely give all of you that have quit, a big round of applause, cause you deserve it. Cheers, Sammo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Hi Sunshine. Nicocure is a patch that has no nicotine in it. It has ingredients that mimic the properties of nicotine and makes your body think that you are getting nicotine. I guess it makes sense that if you want to quit nicotine, that you don't want to put more in your system. Nicocure has a website that tells all about it. Just type nicocure in the search box. It seems to be doing well. I'm still hanging in there and am chewing a lot of tooth picks. Ha!
Well, I just went in and changed my quit date to the 12th. I've already messed up the 10th as my quit date.I'm not giving up this battle without one heck of a fight.All of you have made me realize that smoking is not an option anymore. There is only one way to go and that is smoke-free.All of you, hang in there, and if you mess up like I did, don't give up. Start over with even more conviction. You can do it, and I can too.
18 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sammo, I am a new member here also. I quit cold turkey 9 days ago. Its been a roller coaster but the support you will find here is great. I also smoked for 20 years and was very short of breath. That was one of the things that made up my mind to stop. Keep strong and set a quit date and everyone will be here to support you. Alley [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 121 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sammo, I'm laughing out loud, because Trudy offers sound advice... I've had a whole pack of gum in my mouth at one time... It is sort of fun and by the time you've chewed awhile, you're too darned tired to do anything else. Remember: The average nicotine craving lasts less than 5 minutes. You just have to distract yourself that long, and don't get caught up in the moment. Good Luck tomorrow... You've got a whole bunch of people rooting for you! Peace, Jackey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,211 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $459.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$215,707.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7816 Hours: 20

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: