Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

a new member

18 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everybody, It gives me some hope that I found you. i do not even remember the times that I tried to stop since last year. Many attemps, lasted too short. I realize that one of the biggest problems is craving - which comes as a wave, as something completely strange from me, certainly strange from my decision - and still I go to act upon it. The another problem is, that I have a very low blood-pressure, coffee and nicotine together were quite a good stimulants. Any idea how can I raise my bloodpressure if I do not smoke?? I know it is different of the most smokers, but I find it very difficult to go around constantly in a kind of half-sleepy state of mind. Thanks with any reaction.
thanks Smokeless, if you could ask it. I just have the info that low BP is not a disease, it is ok, my doctor sais I can be happy not to worry etc, but still my BP is usually 100/60-70 in the afternoon, after coffees and cigarettes. I know this is probably not the most importantside of my addiction - but still it could help. In my experience in the past that was always the problem - this sleepy state. Or is it going over by itself? thanks.
Hi,thanks for the encourangment, but I did not deserve yet. I am still smoking some (i could not make it to quit it once) - and I know this is a compromise. Now I would like to not to use more than 10 cigarettes a day and not to drink coffee. this breaks at least some of the routine. Any experience with this? Or this is not good to say? I know this makes it longer that you mind is on the question-smoking-or not- although I almost feel - only my addiction is smoking, not me:)
Hi oinkoink, thanks. Thus reducing smoke can make any sense? How long have you done it, before you stopped finally? I want to break my habit a bit, before I quit finally, but I am also a bit unpatient to wait. But this time I want to go for sure:) Can anyone tell, how can I reply individually? Thanks all for your support.
Hi Josie, thanks for your reply. I never had any problem with sleep, 8 hours are mostly not enough for me, and i always have more to do - thus I would be really happy with less sleep:) If smoking drains my energy - can it be that if I stop my BP can become also a little bit higher by itself?
Josie, thanks for your attention. It is very weird. Cutting back is going, meanwhile "imagine yourself as a non-smoker"- first I did realized I just did not had that kind of idea of myself. After that I did sit down again (in meditation), and found the reason that I smoke. it was like an brightening - at least I understand something - I hope this discovery makes now that I really will be in the position leave smoking behind. Parola
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome aboard Parola, This site will help you alot. As for raising the blood pressure, I know mine is higher just from trying to quit. Perhaps your will be as well. Great luck to you!! :) Ron
18 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Parola,This is a great site for helping each other.I am sure you will be able to quit for good.My B.P hasn't altered but I am on medication for high B.P.I will know more tmrw when had a check.I can ask and get you an answer.I hope you stay strong and beat the dreades nicotine. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 493 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 300 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and welcome! Sorry I do not have any advice on how to raise your bloodpressure. Use this site as often as you can. It's working for me :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 459 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$204,471.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5160 Hours: 3

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Parola, you came to the right place. I look forward to your posts. This is an awesome site and I hope you are prepared to stay. Stay close and protect your quit. :) Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,241 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$230,029.88

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6399 Hours: 10

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 57

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: