Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,551 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Drinking more beer with quitting

17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This post has turned into a good one, and hope more our members will catch this one to post and express some of the substitutions they may be using. This information benefits all of us... thanks auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,081 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $194.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dunedad & Aunt Deb - I've had addictions to alcohol, drugs and nicotine. They are all intertwined to me in that I did substitute one for the other, or had at least two or three going at the same time. I always had at least one to fall back on. You can't hide from whatever it is that's bothering you. My haze is just finally clearing after 35 years and it feels real good. First I beat drugs, then alcohol and now nicotine. Dunedad, 5 to 6 beers a day is a problem. Get some help with that. Aunt Deb, cogratulations on getting off the booze. -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,314 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $253 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$357,674.63

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9151 Hours: 9

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I second that, Den2. Been there and screwed up. -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,565 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $302.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
  • Quit Meter

$357,674.63

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9151 Hours: 9

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dunedad give your head a shake! If you are quitting smoking to improve your health don't replace it with drinking. A former employee of mine passed away last week at 49 years of age, and he to was a baseballcoch and a scrub hockey player. Don't mesws around with what you have been given.Stay clean live long laugh alot. PS I've been in all these bad places and thank God I'm working my way through the last with this quitting smoking. Sorry for the straight to the point stuff but I call them as I see them. You seemlike a great guy with a nice family, stay healthy and enjoy. :| [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 449 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $440 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dune, I loved a smoke with my beer and vise versa. I reluctantly had to quit the beer also if I was going to succeed at quitting smoking. It was not to hard for me to do that. I miss the beer more than i miss the smoking now. But I do feel for you. Nothing like a cold one after a long day at work or during a game. I dont want to hear my wife nag me to death, so I stopped the beer with the smokes. That is, when shes not around! lol. Socially, I can take it or leave it. Perfer to take it tho. lol Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,721 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $473 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i think everyone is been a little hard on you dunedad. the drinking thing to me is not a problem as you are aware of the situation. i also have drunk a little more as have my two friend that have also stopped smoking . nice eh.. we were addicted to cigarettes for a lot of years and i need that drink on a night as a relaxer. a drink or two of wine on an evening has not made me want a cigarette its a known fact that a small amount of alcohol is good for you . you i am sure are aware of the problems drink can cause but all out there get real and relax , dunedad is just asking an innocent question . [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,686 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �418.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If anyone's next addiction turns out to be dusting, please contact me ASAP. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 446 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $220 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Thanks for sharing Dunedad. Hang tough. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 438 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
I am an addictive personality. This transition from smoking is such a gift; to start with a clean slate emotionally. Not everyone does this of course, some can just not smoke and continue with their traditional ways of dealing with the world. Those of us who choose (or are forced) to make changes don't always know what we are in for. Your absolutely right. We do need to make sure that we are not numbing our life with something else once we are successful enough to break the nicotine habit. Perhaps the same gumption (s/) that enabled us to stay quit will aid in any subsequent habits we acquire. If we truly value the new lease on life we have carved - it will. It's not the easy way and sometimes it's not for the faint of heart, but it is that for which our gut cries out. Sometimes it's a matter of whether or not we will say "Hey, there is an elephant in the middle of the living room... and I'm not going to take it anymore". Or whether we will continue to subdue ourselves for the sake of the status quo. I mean really. In most of our cases, will the earth end if we said "enough"? No, it is something else we fear. Of course, once all this is settled, we must then deal with the physical addiction we have allowed to take hold. But then, we can always jump to the next addiction. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 437 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dude. I am so proud to be your friend and companion on this journey. Haven't we encountered some interesting things and people on the way?? Like all the best journeys, this one has no real end: getting there isn't half the fun, it's ALL the fun. Kinda like the snowboarding video, huh? What was better -- the run or the finish line? If I know you, it was the run. So we have some new obstacles to look at and maybe overcome -- just one more thing, right? I guess it's karma, dude: I can't very well go around telling everyone that smoking can mask depression without recognizing that smoking can also mask alcoholism, right?? Let's just see where it takes us. New things every day, dude. Me, I'm looking at it. (Okay, and going YIKES!!) Oh. Happy 40th! If you'd told me, I would have baked a cake. And dude, we are SO getting ready for your 100th day!!! Shoulder to shoulder with you, buddy -- peteg PS -- Teen -- LOVE your attitude and style!! Where have you been??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $572 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: