Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

BINGING TODAY

15 years ago 0 447 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
See here's another problem. I've never had to lose weight before so my workouts have been to build muscle. I am doing so different things and most of them are cardio fat burn with the lifting still incorporated. I am learning how to lose weight. All of my life the only thing I've struggled with is trying to gain weight back if I lost some. I know it sounds strange but it is as hard as losing weight for people with the weight problem. One day at a time is all I can do I guess. Just got back from the grocery store and got lots of fresh veggies and fruit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $111.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
15 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I use food too. I have been trying to keep frozxen juice pops, activia yogurt, almonds. and of course chocolate.. try to sit and enjoy your bites... of food.. savor them and thnk about the flavor... You are doing great. Beach is 100 days.. and you are headed for it. Way to go.. i read an article the other day. and it said to mix up your exercise routine.. otherwise your body gets used to it.. and if you mix it up then you lose weight again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,377 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $275.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
15 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I use food too. I have been trying to keep frozxen juice pops, activia yogurt, almonds. and of course chocolate.. try to sit and enjoy your bites... of food.. savor them and thnk about the flavor... You are doing great. Beach is 100 days.. and you are headed for it. Way to go.. i read an article the other day. and it said to mix up your exercise routine.. otherwise your body gets used to it.. and if you mix it up then you lose weight again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,377 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $275.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
ok it appears I am going to have to really take a look at my eating habits. I have always eaten healthy for the most part in the last 10 years or so. Today I wrote out what I've eaten so far (it's 2PM now) and two of the girls here at work are astounded that I have eaten this much. I have carried #135-140 on my 5'8 1/2" frame forever eating this way. Apparently it doesn't work when you ain't smokin!! LOL Today diet so far 1 Banana and 1/4 cup almonds 3/4 cup vanilla fat free yogurt with 1/4 cup oatmeal and strawberry's in it. 1 PB&J 1 cup pretzels 1 salad with a small amount of ranch dressing and a glass of iced tea. This is normal for me and now it's way too much. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! See the problem is I don't do a dab of anything, I use a big spoon and dig in 3 or 4 times. I still only have the 8 lbs though, so I guess the exercise is keeping it at bay. Terry [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $111.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
15 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
been through that myself.i just keep a ton of healthy snack around. grapes , raw little carrots , pickles , almonds , etc. pretzels with a dab of peanut butter also is good. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $441.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
Time does seem to be flying by. I love being smoke free and having so many new friends. Terry [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 730 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $109.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
15 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Buddy!!! Less than 4 weeks to go till your cruise ship hits the beach!! That's a mere 27 days!!! Or is that 26 days???? :p You'll be there before you know it!!! Now that you have a whole 73 days under your belt, does it seem like time has really been flying by??? I could of swore that it was just the first part of April a couple of days ago??? Have another great smoke-free day!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $231.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$44,220.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 6

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm sorry I missed your cruisin' day..I was literally at the beach. I don't use a computer while on vacation..but congratulations Terry, we're all very proud of you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 185 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,165.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
15 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terry--you had your day 50 (cruise thread around April 7th--I'll bump it for you under stats)... Your doing a great job leading the way to the beach---on day 100 you'll get to go there!!!!! (You're getting close, girl--start packin' ;p I find myself eating more when stressed or sad.....usually when I'd reached for a cig...... Deb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $405.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
I really am not stressed very often at all, but had a family deal that was really horrible for me and ended up on an emotional hangover for a full day. I am constantly remodeling something in my home and I read and spend time with friends and family. My stress levels are really very good but this one got me and then got me to thinking what I was doing with my eating yesterday and what it was was me eating instead of smoking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15

Reading this thread: