Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Daily Diet

16 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I want in too. Yesterday: Breakfast: 1/2 of Breakfast bar. About 240 calories for the whole thing. It was an energy one with lots of protien. I need protien. Lunch: Chicken breast, collards, and plain boiled potatoes, small portions. Dinner: Broiled Tilapia fish, one can of plain Green Beans. Snacks, popcorn, grahm crackers (2) Exercise: Walked while I shopped (hee hee) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,505 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $188.13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning! Joyful - welcome! The "Mother Hen" in my has to say to you to make sure you are ready to mess with a diet right now. I have been reading your posts and worry that you may be putting too much on your plate (pardon the pun) right now by coming off a couple of slips and immediately taking the food cushion away. Okay - now that I said that, if you think you are ready - again, WELCOME!!!! The more the merrier and there is strength is numbers. I have yet to set an exercise plan during the week. I guess that needs to be my next goal. I have in my dumb head all the biking, trails, swimming and crap we do on the weekend is enough - well it is not. You are absolutely correct Lady. I promise to start with a 45 minute brisk walk every evening for the first two weeks. I do a low carb/sugar diet. Here is yesterday's grub: Breakfast - nothing (bad girl) Lunch - hamburger plain on a plate with 1/2 cup cottage cheese Dinner - 2 Chicken breasts with two tablespoons of gravy. To steal a winner from unhooked - WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO - we are on our way to a thinner, non-smoking, healthy lifestyle. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $350.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WTG Lady!!!!!! That's SO GREAT! One lady told me that she lost a lot of weight riding the bike everyday. I wish I could say the same. After my appt. with my counselor today I did go buy the cable that I need to do my dvd work outs with but then stopped at mc donalds and had an ice cream cone and when I walked into my house felt really tired. I haven't eatten dinner yet but I'm really hungry. I just came back from the kitchen after looking for something to eat. I couldn't find anything healthy to eat and put back what I did grab and just drank some water and came back in here. U are so right about it being like quitting smoking. I think it's a little more difficult early in the quit for me but if I can nip it in da butt it will be a good thing :) It will be so cool if we can take off 20 lbs. by Oct.! :) I don't know what I'm going to eat? I don't feel like cleaning or exercising but I definitely feel like eatting. Oh and most importantly of fall I don't want to or feel like smoking :) Today's been one of those more relaxed days with less cravings. And I actually only used 1 3rd step patch instead of 2. I'm so close to being off the patches too!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :) Even though I reset my meter I'm still continuing on with the patch like I never stopped. Just breathe.......ahhhhhhhh [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$27,012.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 591 Hours: 1

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gesh! This is as bad as quitting smoking.. the more I think about not eating the more I want to eat. I went by the gym on my way home. Walked one mile on the treadmil and did 2.5 on the bike. Yahoo! I feel like that is progress. Came home and ate an apple and am drinking unsweet tea. Not sure about dinner yet. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 780 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,730.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 70 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good afternoon :) I want in on this! My goal is to lose 20 lbs before I get to ATL in Oct. When I woke up I started to go in the kitchen to get one of those mini pieces of chocolate but then remembered that I told myself I wanted to start eatting better and start exercising TODAY! So I ate a bowl of cereal instead. I know this will help with my quit also. I slept through breakfast. I promise to exercise in some way 30 min's today :O Think I'll go get the cable I need so I can start using my dvd workouts! U guys motivated me! Tks :) I'm smoke-free, breathing much better again and happy! Brunch: 2 wellbutrin, 1 bowl of cereal & peach vitamin water (yum)! So my plan is to go to my appt w/my counselor this afternoon, go buy a dvd cable, come home and clean (that's exercise), have a little snack sometime, have a healthy dinner and exercise with one of my dvd's. Not necessarily all in that order. Point being I HAVE A PLAN! Will be back to confirm my exercise and what I had for dinner :) We can do this! I'm excited!!! Perfect thread to start my day :) Just breathe........AHHHHHHHHHH [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$27,012.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 591 Hours: 1

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

OK Janna. Quitting smoking started with a promise to myself and others. Here we go.... I promise to walk a minimum of one mile on the treadmill tonight no matter how late I get home. You? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 780 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,730.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 70 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
I am proud of you Lady! I think it is a little like stopping smoking - the first few days are the hardest. Once you start eating right it gets easier and easier to do. An accountability partner is a great thing to have! I always do better if I have a friend along for the ride. If we can quit smoking, we can do anything! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $345.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
My new accountability partner. I am in the process of eating my salad with light dressing as we speak. See... I really was going to get that burger. I had a health screening for my new insurance and they came up with all kinds of things going wrong with me. Of course the solution is exercise and diet to everything! I need to get serious about losing some weight just like I did quitting smoking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 780 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,730.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 70 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Lady - You got it Lady - NO JUNK - Just made it through lunch and I was a good girl! I was not so good this morning because I completely skipped breakfast. I realize now that I am not smoking I can't do that anymore. I felt almost weak by the time I ate lunch. Guess without the cigs releasing the sugar I can't skip breakfast anymore. I will try to do better tomorrow! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $345.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Janna! I'm with you!!! No willpower indeed. I'm thinking of a cheeseburger for lunch. You have just inspired me to skip the burger. We can do this! Taking the first few steps is the hardest! OK.. I promise, if you promise, NO JUNK today!!!! What do you say??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 780 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,730.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 70 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47

Reading this thread: