Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Joined a weight watching group today

17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Count me in on this group! I started walking again this week and it feels really good. I don't understand how I gained 2-3 pounds over a 3 day period when I was actually trying to eat better?! I'm hoping it's a temporary deviation and once I have a few good eating and exercising days things will adjust! Then I'll just have 7-8 lbs to lose instead of 10-12. :blush: I have found that in the past if I ate less carbs, more fruit & veggies and made sure I got healthy proteins in ... coupled with drinking enough water and walking ... over time I have lost weight. Seems whenever I try too hard to diet I GAIN weight! :gasp: But no matter what, I'm smoke free! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110.16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$119,586.58

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6403 Hours: 22

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jan, Don't hang your head in shame. After all you are a winner. You quit smoking. Hey I understand about good intentions. Yesterday we took my administrative assistant out. Of course I had to eat all those chips and cheese dip. :mad: One day at a time. How are you doing on drinking water? I have good days and bad. It depends on how close a restroom is that day.:p Let's just pick ourselves up and keep moving. Hey Tutti you in with us. Anybody else care to join. Come on we are all living healthier now. Yeah. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,004 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $350 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I must confess my good eating plan was FULL of good intentions today. Somehow, the messages between my brain and my mouth got crossed! I didn't cook tonight, and so, I ate takeout! Yes, that's me hanging my head in shame. Tomorrow, thank goodness, is a new day!!!! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,028 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $900 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Hi Jan, Phil and others who want to join, I did great this morning had one egg and a small slice of bananna bread. Drink about 4 glasses of water. I worked in the yard all day. Then we just had to go out to dinner with friends. My favorite restaurant. I was doing great, eating salad, ordering chicken, then came those D---- garlic rolls drowning in butter. You know I had to have one or two. Okay Okay I had three. :gasp: I will walk tomorrow. Phil how are you doing? I am sorry last week was rough. I there was something in the air. I know I had a h-ll of week and look forward to a better one. Now come on lets see what we can do about fitting into our bathing suits. Jan let me know how it is going. It sounds like you have a great plan going. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 96 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,938 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK Julie, it looks like I'm starting my healthy eating plan tomorrow. Hubby and I went out to my sister's today so we could all have our income taxes done. April 30th deadline time. We got a refund!!!! So we all decided to go to the most wonderful Chinese Buffet at lunch time. You know, the "all you can eat" kind. Suffice it to say hubby and I haven't had supper yet, and tonight it won't be much more than a bowl of soup. I'm still full. The food was wonderful! So, tonight I'm going through all my things again, and making out my menu for tomorrow. I love the idea of us all doing this together. Yes, you too, Phil! Tonight I'm taking out some chicken to marinate. I'll BBQ tomorrow night, and make a nice big salad with lots of veggies. And I'll walk...lots! And, oh yeah, I won't smoke...ever! Let me know how your days go! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,963 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $882 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
Okay Jan today was your day. How did it go. I had started a program a week after I quit. I kept my quit, but not my diet. So as with the quit, I am a couple of days behind. (took the kids out for pizza) I will start back tomorrow. Come on and join us Phil. You are great at keeping us in check with the quit. We can use you to kick us in the tail if we get lazy.(I agree with the quitting being easier then the weight loss; however, I know we can do this. Nursey my hubby order the meals and has had great success. Watch out for the chicken :) Well keep let's get this party started. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,916 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $332.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jan, What a coincidence. Just today I ordered from a place that ships you pre-packaged meals that require next to no prep! I did it for myself and for hubby (it was my idea, but I got his permission before I ordered for him). He and I don't get to sit together for a whole lot of meals anyway, so at least this way we can eat 'healthy-er' than we are without a lot of hassle. I don't believe I've put on more than a couple pounds, but I went trying on swimsuits yesterday...boy what a reality check (I had a few extra to lose before we quit)!!! We go on vacation in like 6 weeks, and I'd like not to be embarrassed to walk on the beach in a suit! So, long story short, we're right with ya over here! Keep us posted! ~Nursey (and husband) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 867 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $256.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, You're spot on! These changes in your diet are more likely to stick because they're not a huge deviation from your normal routine. Also much easier to keep up with these changes in the long run. Have you given any thought to physical activity? Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan, As always, I am letting you go first. I really am thinking about the weighty issue, and I have decided to try exercise first...then diet. I will be anxious to hear of your progress. Good going! Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,959 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20

Reading this thread: