Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Cabbage Soup Diet Questions

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Trudy Check out "Living the GI Diet" by Rick Gallop. The system is about cutting carbs and eating with a glycaemic index system. I has been great for me. Check it out take what you wish and leave the rest. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 868 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $322.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Trudy I just did a google search for "Living the GI Diet". Rick Gallops site has a ton of free information and there is a lot to read right on the site. For what it is worth check it out on he net and then get the book from the library. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 869 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $322.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey rosie! I thought I would come read about your cabbage diet...but like I said I am so so so so very very pickey that, well, I don't eat cabbage! LOL! I am just starting this weight loss battle!! I have seen things here and there but mainly read posts about, well, quitting smoking! I am begining my adventures into the weight loss world!!! I am a whole lot more comfortable my quit these days and feel like I can focus on the weight issues :). Hope to be like a BIG LOSER AND QUITTER!!! What goals I strive for!!! LOL Anyways....gotta soup without cabbage or soup???LOL! The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 477 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $176.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yumm the pineapple angel food cake sounds like a very nice treat. I am stopping at the store on my way home. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,472 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/funny%20ones/Computers_comp11.gif[/IMG] Poor you jan, I swear you'd think you were posting from outer space or something!! You seem to have so much trouble. And no I'm not eating ChickenStix tonight, although I am allowed to tomorrow. lol. Yum Yum! Hope the sun turns in the right direction and the stars align soon, so you can post properly. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] We MISS you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $738.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Hi Sunshine, How are you? Have you gained much? I'm at around 15 pounds, though I really do think I've lost some these last few days. I think the water is a big deal. It's a great way to feel full. Just google cabbage soup diet. It gives you the recipe plus a 7 day plan. It's ironic that with all the talk today of weight gain, my daughter has just left with a friend to go to her church group. They have raised money for famine relief and are now fasting for 30 hours in support of that cause. Sort of puts our weight problems in perspective doesn't it? I for one am thankful for this great life I have. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $738.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
Bump for 3galeh. Any tips for me Wendy, I'm ready to float away from all this soup and water. On a brighter note, I have noticed my pants feel looser. Yeah!!!! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,149 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $738.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
Hi there 3galeh, No worries, I knew you'd answer me as soon as you could. I am doing the whole diet. I'm on day 4 so I have had 3 bananas so far, which I love.I'm drinking lots of water which I normally don't like, but for some reason I'm loving now. I have a bottle that I put in the freezer every few hours filled with water and I swear I could drink it all day long. Wait now.... I have been. lol. Maybe all those other times it just wasn't cold enough for me. Cold as in almost frozen. I notice tommorrow on the diet I can have chicken. I am making boneless, skinless chicken for everyone tonight, do you think I would muck things up too much if I had day 5 today? And what kind of beef do you recommend for the day after that? Thanks for your help. I don't have a scale, but like I said I have noticed a difference. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $738.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Boy you're a toughie, I thought I could get away with the chicken tonight, but you're talking sense so I better listen. lol. I'll just tuck my piece of chicken in the back of the fridge til tommorow.Bye-bye chicken. :( I'll stick to my bananas and skim milk for supper. And I promise not to add ice cream and choc. syrup to my bananas. :) I really do appreciate this, it's just what I needed. I'm feeling thinner already! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $738.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
You're no meanie, just telling it like it is. I appreciate that trait. I'm now afraid to mention my Mentos habit though, I know exactly what you will say. I think I will just have to sacrifice the extra pound or 2 loss for them. You made me smile when you mentioned cinnamon, love it! I will definately add that to my bananas tonight. Grape tomatoes sound like a good choice. I don't like canned tomatoes and this will be much easier than cutting up regular ones. Ta Ta, I'm off to cook my chicken.... that I won't eat til tommorow. :) [color=Red]redrosie[/color]

Reading this thread: