Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Won a Big Day

13 years ago 0 206 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dunedude.
You can't imagine how glad I am to see you.  You've never been far from my thoughts, even after all these years.
Somehow, I just knew that we'd be able to hook up for this, our last quit ever.

I'm with you every step of the way, buddy.  My quit date for that last one we did together was November 1; maybe that will be a good date for you?

Dude, I see you're on line; I wish we had that IM thing.  I think it might be "in the works."  That really worked well for us, didn't it?

And unless you moved, it's also way EARLY where you are!

Talk to you soon, and often.....

pete
13 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Peteg you can't be my quit buddy from years ago, can you? if so, great minds think alike, I see you recently quit. Good on you! I've been thinking of quitting again and decided to see if there were any familiar faces here. What a shock to see you! 
This will be my 1st attempt at quitting again since, was it 2006? I haven't set a quit date yet, but I figure i'll post and reintroduce myself and get started and talk with my doctor this week.
Good to see you. 
13 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Peteg

Faced your triggers head on and won!
I myself am new to this form have 2 days behind me now !
One of the things I'm doing diffrent this time around is this form.

13 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Peteg,

Way to go! Traveling can be a big trigger to smoke, I know it is for me. I can remember getting off a plane and heading a fast as possible to the nearest exit to get that smoke in. I had even intentionally booked connecting flights through airports that I knew had smoking lounges!

Panera Bread has some good salads.....not sure if they are around where you live. 

Way to win a day!
13 years ago 0 206 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, Thanks, Everybody!

Got the rental car returned yesterday (filled it with gas somewhere in Queens, I think, but who really knows?), spend the night near JFK, and flew out early this morning.  SO glad to be back home, where 91 e-mails await from work, spouse is ill with some kind of bug she picked up from her students, and I have like 7 days of work to accomplish before Friday afternoon, but it's all good.  I'm letting 4 ounces of red wine help me face this pile of stuff, and will then figure out dinner without creating offensive odors for sick spouse.  Here's where HALT comes into it for me; easiest just not to eat, but that would be a very bad choice to let myself get too Hungry.  If she doesn't wake up soon, I'll probably slip out for a salad or something.  But I won't be slipping out for a cigarette, those vile things!!

Thanks for the kind words.  SOOO glad to be back!  Looks like we all won another day for the team, huh?
Won day at a time.

peteg
13 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well Hello all!!

I have not been able to login until today, so I am so excited to be back and see all of these new quitters.  So glad to see you back Sparky....hope you are doing well.  You know how to get this done, I know you can do it.

Hope all is good with everyone today!!

Kelly
13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just read this AMAZING!!!   I got back a week ago from visiting my daughter.  One of my biggest stresses and I did not smoke.  I keep telling myself no one is taking this quit away from me. ( I know it would me that will loose this quit is I make that choice)  Sounds like you are doing the same!!!  I am so happy that we get to do this journey together!!!  You keep doing what you are doing and I will do the same and we can celebrate everyday that we are smoke free

Keep the Quit
Sparky
13 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pete,
Sometimes you just blow me away with how well you are doing with this quitting thing.  Breaking all those prior curses is just what you need to see right now.  You just keep systematically proving that you don't need those cigarette monsters for anything.  And it's so very true.  I also sense a little excitement of freedom in your post knowing you can go out and do anything and not have to worry about your next fix.  Keep doing exactly what you are doing and you will go far. Ron
13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Peteg!

Amazing!  You are accomplishing so much!  I hope you realize what a big deal this is; you are beating this addiction and facing your fears!

What are you learning about yourself going through this?

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's awesome Peteg!  I'm very proud of you.  The fact that you flew into JFK and didn't smoke is amazing in itself!  That airport can make anyone crazy.

It's really great that you're dealing with life's "little bumps" in a positive way and not falling back into your old habits.  It would have been real easy for you to do that and no one would have known but you got through it without giving in to temptations and you should feel really good about that.

I don't know how your last quits were but you seem really focused and determined to make it happen this time and I think that's terrific.  You motivate me to want a smoke free life.

Good luck on your return trip!

Fozzy

Reading this thread: