Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,480 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Self Talk for the Blues

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lol...ran across this one while looking for another one...nothing like exuberance Yippee!!!! I'm a non-smoker!!!!!! -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $754.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yippee!!!!! I'm a non smoker!!!! You know I love good self talk, Lainey..Thanks for this one....hope it's working for you too : ) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,327 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $224.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Super, these last few days, Lainey. I feel like some real acceptance is happening within me. I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I'll take today. It's been good. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $453.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Lookingglass, where did you find the beautiful poem??? You must be busy researching ..... How's it going for you? :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $516.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you, Lainey. Hope you feel better. I'm feeling blue today as well. Nice weather, staying clear of sitting outside. Season change, new hurdle to jump. Maybe that's why I'm feeling blue today. Hang in there Lainey, this journey only gets better! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,988 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $891 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"Hold on to what is good, even if it`s a handful of earth. Hold on to what you believe, Even if it`s a tree that stands by itself. Hold on to what you must do, Even if it`s a long way from here. Hold on to your life, Even if it`s easier to let go. Hold on to my hand, Even if I`ve gone away from you." [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,189 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $434.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lainey, Good for you for getting rid of those thoughts. Take some time to relax before attempting the garden and make sure you relax and enjoy yourself. The weather is amazing, so get out there and be happy :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Ladies! I do feel better today! Of course I didin't smoke, that is not even on the menu anymore. It's great to have you gals around just to lean on occasionally, as hubby - well he's a guy who just doesn't get the emotional thing, as much as he tries. He's taking me for a drive later this morning and then we'll maybe tackle some yard work. I read the Allen Carr book and one line stuck with me, instead of thinking "I want a cigarette" think "Yipee I am a non smoker" So I have been practicing..... YIPEE I AM A NON SMOKER! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $506.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lainey, Hooray for you girl, you did the best thing you could do. Selftalk always helps if you say the right things to yourself!! Way to go!! Dutch :)
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lainey, I had a similar day. Spring arrived, and I wanted so badly to sit on the deck and enjoy it...but that was always "smokin' time", sitting in the rocker, glass of iced tea, and my cigarettes, watching all the critters and birds, listening to the sounds of nature. How relaxing... I guess that's why they say you have to go through all of the seasons to feel "really quit". So instead I ended up scrubbing the BBQ grill, and then went for a manicure! Tomorrow is another non-smoking day...maybe I can enjoy the deck for a little longer than I did today. Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,011 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $324.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: