Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Self Talk for the Blues

17 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There's nothing wrong with a nap..just saying ; ) perennials would be soo welcome, Lainey...have been working on my garden too...some....lol I am still in the mode of My QUIT is the most important thing...and as long as I stay quit I can baby myself as much as I want..so I do When I read yours and Tutti's posts, I was reminded of some I'd read before...everybody has good and bad days...whether they smoke or not. But, I still think that we need to baby ourselves and give ourselves a break because of the quitting. It is OK!!!! Love you gals..up, down, sideways -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Lainey - it sounds like you got past this. You may think you gave that talk to yourself, but you really gave it to ole Nick and the part of your brain that he still tries to control! Keep kicking that nicodemon's ash! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $93.84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$119,557.62

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 6

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lainey, I hear ya. I've been craving and feeling down right blue too. I've yet to figure out why we'll be sailing along just fine and then, all of a sudden, our boats won't float. LOL Everytime one of these lows/cravings come about, I start back on the tools I used right at the beginning of my quit. You know, lots of water, gum, staying busy, etc. When you're blue, it's more like you have to FORCE yourself to stay busy. Try using those tools that you used at the beginning of your quit. I also think we need something new and different for snacks for that "hand to mouth" thing. I'm so sick of sunflower seeds and my jaws are plum sore from chewing gum all of the time. Remind yourself that this will pass in a couple of days. And you know, you may need to take a day and totally pamper yourself then take a long nap. Take a day just for yourself. As far along as we are, we still get smacked around pretty good and we need to rest from the fight. Hang in there. Okay? Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,833 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $222.58 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've had a really crappy day! Had my little Grandson overnite for a sleepover which was great, he's so loving,(and busy!) He left about 11:00am and since then I was just draggin my butt to the floor. Thoughts of cigarettes lurking way in the back of my head. Hubby even dragged me out for a walk thru the yard, to see what needs to be done, but that didn't help, and that IS unusual. If the greenery doesn't do it, nothing will. I guess I had it coming, I felt that things were going good, maybe too good. Was waiting for the other "shoe" to drop. So I cam online and read and read and read. Then I finally just got mad at myself, and said "enough of this! I quit smoking long enough ago already! I quit! Good for me! It's over and done with, there is no going back! There is no reason to be draggin my butt, there is no reason to whine and feel like a lump. I am a non smoker, get over it, get used to it! Live with it! Get on with it!" Well, LOL , I guess giving myself crap is a good thing to do once in awhile, because it sure helped! (That and shrimp fettucinne!) This site has made me look at my quit with my intelligence instead of my heart. (My heart would be the "softy", still smoking.) And that is a really good thing. There's only one problem, there's about six hours yard work waiting for me as soon as weather permits...Anyone need perennials? :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,196 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $495.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36

Reading this thread: