Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,698 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CBEA KATRINA, LLYKA, aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH

7 Mg Patches

17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep Up the Good Work!!
17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just wanted you all to know, I look up to each and everyone of you guys going through this using a NRT. I used the patch for 2 days then went cold turkey. It was hard, really hard, but after 3 days without anything felt better. Now, I am still fighting the addiction, but no more nic in my system. Congrats you guys, you are doing great. And are coming so far in your fight against the Nicodemon. Keep up all the hard work and remember that it is worth it in the end. (Possibly even in the middle, but definatly on Tuesday's) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 483 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Otis, I have heard about people cutting their 7mg patches in half rather than go from 7mg to nothing......to make stepping totally off patches more slow and easier. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 895 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $196.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Also went to 7mg yesterday. Promised Noni1 I'd post the results. Yesterday and today have been very hard. I put the 7mg patch on in the morning, but started to really crave last night (not just a 'thinking about it' crave, but a real teeth grinder). Had to go to bed early. I was so spaced out today I probably shouldn't have been driving a car. I'm expecting that this will last (if history proves) until wednesday, when things will even out again. My wife's away so it's just me and the dog dealing with this one - which in many ways is better, but there's only me and the SSC to keep me in check. Then one more drop from 7 to 0mg in another two weeks. Not looking forward to that. I believe in the system - but maybe not so much at this very moment. I somehow think that if you're really determined then cold turkey is the way rather than 4 sets of patch withdrawal. But now that I'm 1/2 way through the third patch withdrawal I'll stick with this method. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 568 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $258 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$263,546.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8464 Hours: 4

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the tip windy. I'm hoping my drop to Zero mg will be painless as well. I'm already feeling a little better today (3rd day on 7mg). Had trouble getting to sleep last night, but nothing too drastic. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 576 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $264 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$263,546.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8464 Hours: 4

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well did all right yesterday, no real craves. Didn't get stay home. Had to help my husband get a new (used) computer desk. Otis
  • Quit Meter

$27,263.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6029 Hours: 20

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I started the 7mg patches today. I will be staying home all day where I know that I will not be tempted to smoke. Crave now that is a different story. Let you all know how the day went tomorrow. Otis [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $256 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$27,263.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6029 Hours: 20

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there, I'm in my last (10th) week on the patch and my second week on the 7mg patches. A couple of cravings, but nothing very serious. I was worried about that too....and worried about how I'd feel once the program is completely done. I'm less concerned now. I think I'll have to be vigilant about the cravings, but so far, it's nothing too major. Hang in there! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,588 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $945 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Otis Check with your doctor, but another idea is to get 2mg gum and use 1 piece in the morning and 1 at night...That will take you from 7mg to 4mg in a glide like fashion. From there drop to 2mg at mid day and finally when you are ready, just walk the line and you will be fine...Remember, part of this is physical and part of it is emotional. Sometimes the fear or sense of uncertainty about a thing is worse than the thing itself...Maybe you might want to just have a go and trust yourself to handle it...I can't say for sure, that part of it is totally your call... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,748 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $504 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Otis Hang in there and use all of your coping mechs now...I used the patch and felt the step down each time...Surprisingly, 14 to 7 was not that bad...I have now taken the patch off completely and am walking the line, if you know what I mean... Just stay focused and know that you can do this...deep breathing and walking are great crave busters...I also have been using a stop watch to remind myself that the worst of the craves is really only about 4 minutes... Also water, water and more water...dump it on your head if you have to...just get through the next few days and you will be on your way...I know its tough, but you can do it and you have come to far to turn back now...Don't let the addiction win... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,698 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $490 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52

Reading this thread: