Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Hey from Ontario - Day 6

17 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hell week 1 was okay with me Hell week 2 Is over however I did get the crave only for a few seconds ,,Just wondering? Wondering if it is possible to smoke only 1 day a week or just on weekends,,,,,however these are just tormenting thoughts ( a compromise ) which is probably part of the battle to fight that habit.... There is no compromise you can make with yourself or the mind' It would defeat the purpose of coming to this site . Good Luck everyone We all can do it and remember We are not alone in this struggle Cordially Don [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$168,988.44

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9144 Hours: 14

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As a fellow Ontarian With the weather that we are now having,,It helps us even more,,,there is no need to go outside and crouch-puff-puff-shiver-shiver! I am having stronger urges but I realize I am going to get dizzy if I have just 1 puff and inhale ,,so I have to concentrate on avoiding that feeling. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 272 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$168,988.44

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9144 Hours: 14

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Its me again from Ontario, right near Grand Bend. Its day 10 now and the past couple of days have been pretty good. The only times that still seem to be tough are right after dinner, and after the kids are in bed. That was my reward before..put the kids to bed, another day of work behind me...my time out before I went inside to prepare for the next day. However, its going pretty good. I was even was with one of my "smoking" friends on the weekend and it didn't bother me a bit. This surprized me a lot. The only thing I noticed was, even though I wasn't smoking I still came home smelling of smoke. Thanks for all your support and funny stories. Mine was hand sanitizer in the car!!!LOL emandel [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 98 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$306,632.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 1

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well its day 6 and its almost over. Another day under my belt. I can't say I feel any different, but I certainly smell different! I was an outside, or driving in the car with the window down smoker (my kids were never in the car)and I have to say I love the fact that my clothes and hair doesn't stink. Hang tight everyone if I can do it you can too - busy mom with 2 small children and a demanding full time job.
  • Quit Meter

$306,632.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 1

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all.... Yet another Ontarian...Cobourg in fact!!! I LOVE the fact that I don't stink, my home doesn't stink, and the I don't have to feel bad when my nephews hug me after I have a smoke because I am a NON-SMOKER!!!! YIPPEEEEEE!! :) I am also so glad NOT to be one of "those people"..(LOL)..standing out side huddled together puffing away losing valuable time with family and friends. It's funny...I was thinking today that I wish I could just smoke when I have been craving the most (about 3 times a day) We all know that's NOT possible so I got over that and am glad for being 10 days smoke free!!!! Ballzy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 165 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$222,592.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5326 Hours: 22

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats! GREAT JOB. I know you've heard it from everyone, but the first 2 weeks are tough. It's nice to have someone say Way To Go and really mean it. The people on here always pull for one another. That's why I keep coming back. Read some posts, drop some notes to those who helped me get past the first 3 weeks. Ask some questions of the superstars of the board about the days to come. It works for me and apparently is working for you. So let me say it again. GREAT JOB! Jimmy The Mick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 366 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used to smoke with the window partly down. Would keep wet wipes in the car so I could clean my hands before going into work. Spray my cloths. WHAT DA!!!!!!!!! What was I doing I knew I stunk!!!!! So why did I smoke? Because I was a slave to nicotine. Now my car smells great because I took it and had it all cleaned inside. If feels good when it is below 0 out and the window is shut. jnine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 650 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there Dutch Fini I say sure it counts, you have been to Ontario. Thank you for your good luck wishes. And good luck to you too. Loulou [IMG]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/donkeylover_01/image0044.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,065 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 650 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here I am, another fellow Ontarian. Keep up the good work, it does get easier. I have one month under my belt and so happy about it. Our hair, our clothes, our homes smell better and even our noses detect smells better. Keep up your good work Loulou [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,032 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
emandel, yeagh...isn't it cool not to smell the stinch... I like it too... auntdeb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,685 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23

Reading this thread: