Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,667 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Bad thing about being an ex smoker

17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can relate to the naked and exposed feeling not having cigarettes can bring on! When it overtakes me, I'm going to try to remind myself that I'm free of all that. There is nothing missing. I am suficient! I'm going to reprogram myself by making positive statement over and over.
17 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been doing that. i feel like i am lost since I dont have cigarettes with me. What if theres an emergency and I need one, what if my car breaks down and I get stressed, so many what ifs.... I feel like I left one of my kids at home.
17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just wondering if everybody else when they leave the house always feel like they are fogetting something? I went to the market today and felt for my wallet like 10 times. Out shopping, another 10 times (at least. All day I felt like I was missing something it drove me crazy..only occured to me now it was sickarettes. KTQ.. Nico [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's hillarious! I used to be all disoriented when I didn't have cigarettes with me, then I had to make sure I had my gum, candy, carrot sticks, celery, truffle oil, change of clothes, and all the other necessities of a smoke-free life. Now, suddenly, I just sort of get in the car and go. It's really weird not to have to make sure I have all my "stuff" with me any more. peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,421 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great laugh! I have taken to putting my video game in that particular pocket. Gotta have something there, I guess! LOL Denise [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/bigeyebird.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Morning Nico, And yes, I do that all the time! But you gotta think, I made sure my little box of "friends" were with me for 26 years! And I could count on one hand the times I actually "forgot" my friends! Sad, but oh so true! Now, I'm checking to make sure I have my "crave" stuff, gum, gum and more gum! Take care! KTQ Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Nico Who is this ex smoker you refer to you are a NON smoker! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �582.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Those habits, looking for your friend, disappear. Substitutes will help you retrain you mind and help you forget that you don't smoke anymore. You will know when you are well on your way, when you unknowingly drive right on by that convenience store that you normally stop by everyday to pick up that pack. Power be with you as you grow to a cigarette free life :). [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 307 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,611 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1611.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I do that all the time! I figured it was old age or something creeping up on me =) Congrats on your 5 days!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 653 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$36,263.63

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 422 Hours: 9

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
All the time! :) Sometimes when I stop to think, I forget to start again! :blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,929 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $624 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: