Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

Much Better

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, here is a huge HUG!!! Proud of you for making it through...one day at a time, one craving at a time. We can do this, and it's ok to lean on us. We are here for you!!! Think about some things you are happy about today by not smoking....does your breath smell better, are your clothes smelling better...things like that. Focus on the positives. The positives will grow each day that you don't smoke. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 294 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Love that quote Sparky! So true about attitude, as is taking baby steps and not looking too far into the future. Good to hear that you are doing better :) And there will be better days ahead, just take them one at a time.. one minute, one hour, one day... And don't forget to reward yourself - often! [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/drawinghappyface.gif[/IMG] Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 394 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $171 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SParky, I'm so happy to see your meter totalling up again. It is such a testatment to your strength that you had your slip, threw them away and came back here to keep slugging away. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 831 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad you are feeling better Sparky....even if I don't get to do my little Orphan Annie routine. (Hmmmm....perhaps...no never mind) Anyway, I'm sorry that wasn't around during the rough patch...but am glad today is a good day! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $345 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So glad you're feeling better today, Sparky. :) Please, please, please, stay OUT of the future right now. Our minds have too much room to play with the junkie when we look too far ahead. Thinking of you, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 169 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How did your Thanksgiving holiday turn out for you Sparky? Did everything work out for you? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 683 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$35,880.84

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 417 Hours: 22

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I missed it all...sorry I wasn't here to help out! But I am happy that you got over it without smoking. I'm having a LARGE group over for Thanksgiving as well and have to work thru Wednesday, so I am stressing also. I want my house to be perfect, but that's not going to happen. Come Thursday my guests may have to pole-vault loads of laundry and forego an obstacle course of shoes, bookbags and lego towers to get a plate of turkey and dressing! They damn well better be thankful too! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,635 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $576 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hmmmmmmmmm.......... We haven't heard from Sparky in a few days. Did she go out of town after the holiday? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,069 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $648 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, Glad you're feeling better! You've got the idea, one baby step at a time with lots of mini-breaks and rewards along the way ;) Keep persevering! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So much better this morning :) The quote today is so perfect: "Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one. - Hans Selye" I had a big pity party yesterday. Today I will focus on the positive. I was way out into the future yesterday and that is a bad place to be. I am having a large group over for thanksgiving and I have a day where I get overwhelmed. I guess yesterday was the day. I do this every year, my poor husband :p So on with today. So it is going to be on step at a time and everything is going to be fine, always is. Thanks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 124 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: