Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,785 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

Cravings after 500 days

17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wow 500 days - thats is amazing Im on my day one so dont let the evil nicodemon win!! Be strong - 500 days is over a year and half right!!
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Julie, First of all.... [size=4][color=purple]CONGRATULATIONS ON 5OO DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!![/size][/color] Sounds to me like you're due a fantastic reward! You have achieved greatness! 500 days! You should be SOOOOO proud of yourself!!! Have you rewarded yourself lately? Perhaps this craving is your mind saying that it wants a reward for all it's hard work. So reward it! Go out and do something great for yourself! You deserve it! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 290 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,267 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1197.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A little late, but I wouldn't beat myself up over this one. I had a friend quit in 1983. She is still quit. I remember that she used to occassionally put cigs and her mouth, but never lit one. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,653 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $303.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW Julie 500 days! Your rock! I can't wait to get there. What do you think it is that makes you want that nasty thing now? Boy he sure has a way to bite just when you think you have whipped it. You have accomplished one hard job.....well done! Correen
17 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cheers....Cheers.....Cheers to you all!! What an accomplishment! Correen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $123.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Julie, I so want to be just like you, so take a DEEP breath and remember what a great life you have now that you don't smoke. Remember all the good things there are about living a smoke free life and remember that smoking NEVER did anything good for you. Kick those junkie thoughts right out of your head, heck scream and shout if need be, just don't give in. You have come too far to let that happen and you know you REALLY don't want to do it. N.O.P.E. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 567 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 111 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi jULIE DONT LOOK AT IT LIKE ITS ONLY ONE CIG....IT'LL START WITH 1, 1 WILL TURN INTO A FEW, A FEW TURNS INTO A PACK....ASK YOURSELF THE QUESTION DO YOU WANT TO BE A FULLY FLEDGED SMOKER AGAIN? COMPLETE WITH ALL THE DELIGHTFUL TRIMMINGS THAT GO WITH IT? THE COUGH, THE STENCH, THE BAD BREATH, THE DEBT, THE HEALTH RISKS...CONTRIBUTING TO A SHORTER LIFE? ETC...CONTROLLED ONCE AGAIN BY THE ADDICTION? RIGHT NOW YOU CONTROL YOUR LIFE. lOOK OUT FOR YOURSELF, ONLY YOU CAN. THIS WILL PASS AS IT HAS DONE BEFORE AND YOU'VE GOT A EXCEPTIONAL QUIT GOING, DONT GIVE IN, FIND THE SOLUTION, FIGURE OUT WHAT IT IS YOU THINK YOU'LL GET FROM SMOKING, YOU GET NOTHING FROM SMOKING. WHATEVER U THINK YOU'LL GET IS A LIE.
17 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Say it isn't so.....
17 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Julie- really sorry you have to go through it at 500 days...but glad that you posted and reminded us all how we are never truly immune. I am going to beg you though to not consider acting on the crave. I don't need to tell you that it will pass. You know that. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 177 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,107 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1593 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Julie good for you! Sleep tight. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 178 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,578 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1335 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33

Reading this thread: