Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,807 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

I slipped

18 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Nomad, Do everything you can to stay strong and stay quit. Everybody has bumbs in the road somewhere and who said quitting was easy. We all hit twist and turns and bumbs and bruises all in our own way. Just don't forget to post, post, post, so that we can support you and help you get throught those hard spots. Beb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 231 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aw NO!!! aragh, what did you do that for? I bet it tasted disgusting and made you feel dizzy huh? I was going to say that now you have put nicotine back in your body, but if you are on patches I guess nicotine is still being fed. Maybe it was BECAUSE you were due to come off those patches tomorrow that your head had a paddy - and maybe decided if that was the last of the nicotine, then it would have a cigarette anyway.. then tomorrow free (those are the stupid junkie thoughts I think) You are doing well Nomad, dont let this set you back, just DONT smoke another one. Keep going with the quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Nomad! I was thinking about you earlier and whether you had stuck to your quit. I am so pleased that you had. Re: the meter, I thought about you the other day. As I said I quit loads of times the last year, I had an email from quit.net, which I had joined last feb... it still said one of my quit dates and that i had not smoked for more than a hundred days, and that I had saved over a grand in money... yet in reality I had only quit for 13 days... and saved less than a hundred. It was quite a sobering thought, and served as a reminder to where i should be. Congrats for sticking with your quit. Am pleased to see u back again. Stick with it, I know that slips can be learning experiences.. hopefully you will learn that you cant really have one smoke, not one puff.. EVER! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
18 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
nomad 1973 I can really relate to you--have done that many times in the past as ive tried to quit before and sort of (slipped) This is the first time i have a support group being able to see other quitters and read what they are going through!! I have now learnt that YOU should see this as a learning experience.. Also, why do you stop the patches?? and the quitmeter --well it says smokefree days but its up to you really.. Yes, as you wrote It does not solve anything!! remember that in your next quit.. I did not and i was all alone.. Post often --before off to a smoke --grab all support you can from us in here and do not forget that YOU (WE) can beat this. DO NOT GIVE UP>> NEVER!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 878 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $302.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wow healer whats that about think shevies post is fantastic advise go shevie go dont really know if i missed something hhhmmmmmmm.
18 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well done busy is the key keep it up
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nomad1973, I slipped last weekend too! I reset my meter, or I would have 23 days now and I would know myself that that was not really true. I wanted to see how long it really was on my meter. Slipping was the sadest thing that has ever happened to me and the stupidist thing I have ever done. I have such a hard time with the weekends, that this weekend I am really staying here a lot to get through. We are all here for you, and resetting the meter is completly up to you because the meter is really for you anyways. Do what you think will help you in your quit. Love, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 237 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$75,032.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6532 Hours: 5

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Learn from it and move on. Get back on the quit wagon and don't let go this time. ;p Glad you're still with us nomad. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$54,568.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5963 Hours: 9

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alright nomad! Way to persevere! Keep up the great progress! Keep those coping mechanisms at the ready and give us an update soon. Danielle ________________________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nomad, You have to use what methods and tools work best for you. Don't be hard on yourself for not going cold turkey. What's important is that you quit and stay quit right? Whether or not you decide to go off the patch is up to you. If you do decide to go off the patch, you need to have a plan for what your going to do when you have cravings. If you decide to stick it out with the patch, you can use this time to better prepare yourself for when you go off the patch. Glad to hear you've made the decision to keep going! Keep persevering, Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: