Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

Horrible tonight

18 years ago 0 213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
niks: I read that day 3 is the hardest, but for some reasons studies show cravings peak again on day 10. Just make it through today darling. tomorrow will be easier.... navigator [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was ok all day at work today. Finished work, and came home, and i have had had a longing for a smoke for the last few hours. Nothing seems to take my mind from it. Tried water, deep breathing, eating, excercise, reading.. and nothing works, its kind of overwhelming. I wont let it beat me, but its just so overpowering right now (and I am honestly not giving it power)... I just wish it would go away. So I am posting here instead........ araggh [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 213 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Thanks guys. I dont know what is wrong with me, dont worry I wont smoke. being here stops me from doing that no way. I do know that this is just tonight tomorrow is another day and I will probably feel a bit better I just got out had a walk. My head feels tight.. But there is no way that it is getting its own way. It can go to sleep and stay asleep. I wont be smoking, not today or any other day. Thank you! x
I feel like my head is having a tantrum like a 4 year old, stamping its feet... I want it NOW!! I am ignoring it, trying to occupy myself. Nothing really worked so I came here, I find that helping others makes it smaller.. I know that i dont want to smoke, but this feeling is overwhelming.. I know its today. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully everything will be well. I feel like my head is going crazy and is going to explode. I feel full of nervous energy right now. even deep slow breathing is not doing much good.. aragh.. I feel like my head is going to explode (I know it isnt, sounds dramatic, but that is how it feels)
Its 23.08 so time for bed.. you are right tomorrow is another day.
Last night was pretty overwhelming. I knew that I wouldnt give in to it, but it did take me by suprise, and I didnt seem to be able to do anything to escape from it. Today however, IS a new day, and I have slept and feel a bit more normal today. Thank god last night is over. Thanks for being there for me, it really did make a difference. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 223 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Have you read Allen Carr Easy Way to stop smoking Ann? It changes your whole perception of smoking. No longer will you envy smokers, you will see it for what it is.... when you zone in, you will see something different. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 333 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �97.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Hi Ann, I am responding to you on all sorts of threads, lol Yeah I am doing ok now. The worst of the craves appear to have gone now. I was cutting the hedge yesterday, and needed a break and thought a lot about smoking then. But instead taking a cigarette break, instead i took a come on the computer and post break, that worked. Dropped my zyban medication down, as I felt that my head was getting tight and it felt too much, so one tablet a day seems to be enough for me. I am feeling better, and do feel like a non smoker now, rather than someone that is 'giving up' smoking. I can sit with smokers now, and i dont think about it, I dont feel deprived, I am just glad that i dont smoke. You know what is great though, I am waking up in the morning and my skin feels GREAT!!! My skin is so tight compared to how it felt when I was smoking day in and day out. For me, as a woman, tight skin and looking younger really is a massive benefit of not smoking!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �97.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Niks, thats great that you managed to beat the demon and get through last night. You are now going to be stronger for that and know that it is possible if in the future it should occur again. I'm glad for you that today is going better.... Keep your chin up and keep posting and you will be fine Take care kolativey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 124 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Niks How are u going?? im back from short vacation--still have a few craves [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 842 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $302.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38

Reading this thread: