Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

mental addiction worst than physical addiction

17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ann,I just posted under blue whoo, i have the blues, feeling low, trying to shake this feeling of gloom... nothing is working.... i feel so lost....jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 214 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
I just think this is part of the process of our quit, i imagine the nicodemon dying inside of me and is going to stop at NOTHING to try to get me to smoke, every day he gets weaker as i am getting stronger. Yesterday was a tough one and today the first thing i thought of was a cigi. I have to stop myself and try to redirect these thoughts, i always go back and read, read, read its a digusting addiction, even though our demon trys to tell us other wise, ALL AN ILLUSION.. that slowly kills us... i will have to work extra hard today on keeping that positive frame of mind. I read a good point some where.. If you ask any smoker if they could go back in time would they have started smoking, of course all say HELL NO, i feel the same way... this addiction will make every excuse in the world why you need it, but in reality all your body needs is food, water and exersize, NOT POISON, all the best jeanigirl, working hard to protect my quit [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 162 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $57 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
This is what i love about ssc and all ye folks, you are there right on time. Today was a hell breaker, the temptation was so strong its like all that positive thinking nearly goes out the door... I feel so great because all day i said DO NOT give in, you are better and stronger ( NOW ) go read and post... so here i am worst is over, back in a safe zone, and so glad that you are all there, hanging tough jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 167 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $57 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Hi everyone, I had a great weekend spent it outside, the only problem i had was zoning in on people who smoked, i could smell it from a mile away, and i would just watch them, my friend snapped me out of it and said don;t envy them, there still addicts. I am doing better physicaly, less intense craves, the mind power of this addiction is mind boggling, I say NO my subconcious says Yes, I am keeping myself busy, sometimes i get sick of thinking about not smoking, then i think about when i was smoking i use to get sick of thinking about quitting, go figure... staying strong and intouch Jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
CF, i call it retail therapy, so it must be good for you.... jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 142 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
I just realized, today was the first day i smiled, no wonder my jaw was so tense...well i could'nt smile cause this quit is such serious business... but im going to change that and even try laughing again... it is a on going struggle.. i have only gotten this far because all of you, i can't wait till the day when it is a distant distant thought... i hear what all of you are saying... about the focus of the quit, its worth the energy to be able to succeed... well another triumphant day..for many here, jeanigirl hanging tough.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 141 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
Would,nt you know it, start feeling bettter, and a sneaky big crave hits, and my mind starts heading the wrong direction, i keep talking loud to myself to try and drown it out, my son asked me to go to the store, i told him i can't right now (the temptation would be to much)all of you are doing great with your quits im glad your there for advice, "yet again this addiction SUCKS" it is just plain horrible, just venting.... aaaggghhhhhh just want some peace of mind..... hanging tough jeanigirl.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 139 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jeanigirl ... just stopping by to let you know I was [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/055025a.gif[/IMG] When you get tired of keeping a positive outlook, vent, take a nap, grab some strength from a friend, get some hugs, do what you need to do, reward yourself ... DO NOT forget to reward youself ... VERY IMPORTANT, RENEW YOURSELF! In other words sit on your pity pot. Dump it all out. Then flush. ;p You are doing great. Be patient with yourself ... reward yourself, you are doing great. And last but not least ... don't forget ... YOU ARE DOING GREAT! [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/hug.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$54,514.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 11

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

We lurve you too! [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/kiss20muah.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,228 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$54,514.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Tell that big crave to kiss your non smokin' butt! ;p Your butt would look pretty funny smoking wouldn't it? ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,163 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $152 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$54,514.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: