Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Nap time at work

17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think I will. What keeps stopping me is not wanting the last 2 and a half days of hell to have been for nothing. Plus I calculated how much money I spend on cigarettes a year - $3421 is a lot of money. 3 months rent & bills. Vacation to somewhere exotic. Or an eigth of my medical bills if I keep smoking. I just turned 31 on Saturday and I would like to make this my birthday gift to myself. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 72 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL Zany! I couldn't even hold a real convo it seemed like at day 7. I was looney. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/smiley_abzw.gif[/IMG] <<----- I looked a lot like this guy at day 7. You are doing great Zany. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$54,496.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 11

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

A time travel machine would be great for nicotine withdrawal ... LOL! Only thing is addicts would keep going back to where they started smoking instead of actually quitting ... we'd be stuck in an addicted loop! Oh the horror! I'm being goofy ... don't mind me! [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/24.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $152 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$54,496.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
embg This will be the most awesome Birthday Gift ever for you. You're less than 35 so your length of life by stopping now, is so much greater, than if you wait until your older. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
How's all of my fellow sleepy heads? Niks, embg, saranico. Day 8 here wish I could say I was feeling great. Now, I am thinking not only do they need a nap area at work, there should, also, be some sort of time travel machine, that would send me home and back under the covers. It's getting worse, but I know it will pass. Drinking tea, hoping that will make me feel more alive. Must keep going [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 291 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Hey Break Free, I agree that is what some addicts might do, especially, if we had the knowledge of preventing full addiction, and just having fun. Smoking, however, is the most addictive thing on Earth- besides the Hard Core drugs- so maybe some of us would just use the "Fast Forward" button, like that movie that's been advertised. Naw... we wouldn't use the "Fast Forward" button, only the "Backward" Button. I'm being goofy too ... don't mind me! Darn I just previewed and it doesn't copy, your little, laughing dude. So :p Actually, had a wave of energy this afternoon. It was squashed when I visited my mom and sis. They have a huge agenda for me this summer- all fun, but a lot to absorb. They kept asking me if I was okay and telling me I didn't look good. In the back of my mind, "I am like, yes, this I know. Just keep spilling the information, so I can take my son and get out of here. Plus, for goodness sakes don't ask me to make nay permanent decisions. I am not near capacity with my Watts!" Anyway, hope all here have a good night's sleep. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Zany, I feel totally shattered today as well. I think I could take 3 weeks or so off work, and hibernate, waking up feeling alive and refreshed. Your body is working hard erdicating itself from the nicotine. Make sure you give yourself a reward ! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 47 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is my first post, but I have been stopping by when I can, enjoying the support you provide to each other. Last night was the first night I had a good night sleep since I quit. It had got to the point where I was afraid to go to bed, knowing I would lie there for a few hours before nodding off. Reading this site let me know that many of you suffered from the same problem, night after night! I never wore the patch to bed, so I knew that was not the problem. I used to get up and smoke if I was unable to sleep, but since my husband quite 29 days ago, I had stopped smoking in the house. When I started feeling like a teenager again - sneaking a smoke outside - I knew if was finally time to stop. I was really proud of my husband, but I am now proud of myself, too! It is a good, and equally addictive feeling. Thank you for all the support, and believe that sleep WILL eventually come. saranico
17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel exactly the same way. I thought I would feel better after the first 2 days, but I am feeling worse. I am so tired i could crawl under my desk and nap right now - and its only 11am! My boyfriend is doing this with me and of course he is having a grand old time and I feel like a neurotic mess. ANd work is so stressful today I would love love love to go outside and smoke. But I haven't yet. It's good to know there are others feeling like me. I was starting to think I was cracking up! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 68 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
A power nap at lunch time could really help. Have someone wake you after 20 or 30 minutes. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 979 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $128 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$54,496.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: