Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,799 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO

I Gave in

18 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I suppose thats how a track runner feels when they have to jump over the hurdles each time praying not to knock any over..but they do even the best..AND they keep the race going.. I had quit for almost two years and allowed situations and circumstances ro over throw my long undefeated race to the smoke free world...only been sucessful for a month or couple weeks since...Have begun to write down every cigarrette that battles me to enter into my lungs..I want to be focused and know when I smoke and fight it..Its a war..but as we gather more information and know why this repeated behavior excits we can better see our enemy..keep up the good work..Be not disappointed but know when you get a good punch to the enemy he will attack back and know your been sucker punched..get back on your feet man and fight...go!
18 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That was yesterday and today is another day. Resolve not to smoke for ONE DAY, tomorrow you can set another goal, and so on. We can do this!!! That's what we are here for! Please feel free to PM me if think it will help you! T. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 97 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21.36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$15,235.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 374 Hours: 4

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well after nearly 24 hours smoke free - even after spending a day at work - I gave into the temptation and went and bought a packet after I had been home for an hour. I was going cold turkey - just sucking on butter scotch all day. Have to start over again - any suggestions. I really could use some. Feeling pretty dissappointed with myself.
  • Quit Meter

$12,748.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 774 Hours: 10

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I went a week and bought 2 packs and smoked them. Starting over again today. Good luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Have you considered using the patch? I'm using it and it does help. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 231 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Get back up and do it again. I had a quit in April that I failed but here I am a month later working on day 9! Don't give up and learn from your mistake/slip. Analyze why you think you slipped and take that into your next quit. Good Luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 168 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Andrew, Please, don't beat yourself up! All you have to do is pick yourself up and get right back on your quit. I would definately recommend a NRT. There are all different ones. You should consider seeing your doctor. You two can develop a quit plan together. It's worth giving it a shot, right?? Make your plan solid. Really give it some thought. These tools here on the left are perfect for that. Complete them, and bring them to your doctors appt (if you are making one). The more knowledge you have on smoking, and your reasoning with smoking will help you quit successfully. We sure hope you come back soon! Take care of yourself! ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,383 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $258.33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Andrew, You have gotten some great advice here. Do the program on the left, make a list of the reasons you are quitting as well as a list of what you are going to do when those craves come up (big, medium and the huge craves!). Focus is so important on this journey and commitment is too... You cannot do it w/out both! Maybe a buddy to hold you accountaable... You need a toolbox of coping skills and proactive behaviors, dear one. And read and read here - there is so much information that will support and guide you on your Quit journey. Make a commitment to yourself that you will come here BEFORE you smoke... That has helped alot of us here. Blessings and Love- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,784 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $367.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Andrew50, I know that you are disappointed in your self, but look at all of the responses you have received. That is encouraging, so just chalk it up as a practice run and get going again. The NRT has been mentioned, well I used the patch and it really did help me. I used it the full 10 weeks = 70 days. That gave me the chance to really get through some rough spots. I was really blessed because I hardly had any cravings. So I don't know what HELL WEEK really is. After I took the patch off I had about 7 days of aggravating cravings but nothing I couldn't handle. I know that all of us are different and react differently to everything. So when people talk about HELL WEEK I really can't relate to that. So if you choose to use the patch, I hope you will have the same success I had. I hope you choose a quit day soon. We will all be waiting for your return. Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,321 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $476 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$230,212.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6404 Hours: 12

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Andrew, most of us have tried and failed before, the impotant thing is that you learn from this but you try again. You have to be 100% determined to resist the temptation no matter what, no matter how tough the cravings are just get pleasure from the fact that you can face them down. Good luck also to MilesSmiles on starting your quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,322 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �275 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37

Reading this thread: