Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

BRAIN FOG TIMELINE

18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Eve - I talked with Duckie too this morning. Had to cut it short, as I had to get my daughter off to school! Okay, for me, mine just ended...... Lasted almost 40 days........ Sorry. :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,403 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150.42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL. You crack me up. You will be a wonderful writer Eve!!
18 years ago 0 562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
About the brain fog..it seems to have left this past week or so. I sent a check to IRS and put all the required info on it but neglected to write the amount in both places! They sent it back. I have also taken a showere with my socks on and went the wrong way to the grocery store. It really helped me to write down a to do list and cross things off. You guys are hilarious. Judy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,235 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 425 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve, mine lasted for the first week (or 1 1/2) I still have some problems to concentrate, but the fog is gone. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 867 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $256.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 208 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had the major fog for about 5 weeks.. now I just have the blahs! My grade point average is dropping fast and none of my professor's seem particularly sympothetic to my plight. I think my boss is ready to fire me. I think we should have at least 30 days of rehab paid for, or at least excused, by our employeers just like the rest of the addicts. I need group therapy, sweets, a full time therapist, and a trainer. We are addicts, where are our social programs? ;-). [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,373 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $553 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Guys, love that you're all seeing the humor in these phases we go through! Duckie, lol., I've done that before too, but I didn't have a brain fog to blame it on. :gasp: grandma, you're taking multitasking to new levels!!! I wonder if I can get my kids to shower like that? Less wash=more me time!! Yee Haw!! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,652 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $913 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
Phreaknbz and Shevie, you know I've never thought of it that way. You're both sooo right. Where are the social programs? I'm thinking the tobacco lobbyists and governments are working too closely together for social programs to be put in place. They certainly wouldn't want to admit to it being TOOO bad for us, would they? There's no profit in that, now is there? Wow, you folks have got me thinking. I know that at my work, there are benefits paid for lost time due to injuries, mental health and alcoholism recovery, but nothing for drugs or tobacco. Uhmmmm, I wonder why? [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,746 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $946.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Hi Eve, with your passion and determination, I am sure if there is a way to start up some programs at your Uni, you're the one who CAN and Will do it! I'm also glad the fog has lifted for you. Keep going Eve, you're doin' it! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,749 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $946.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not being funny right now. I agree 100%, Phreaknbz. You've touched something that's a growing sore spot for me. Nicotine is listed as a drug of addiction and the medical people seem to agree it is at least as addictive as cocaine, if not the most addictive drug there is. So why isn't it treated as such? The anti-smoking ads talk about the negative health impacts and the "un-coolness" of it. But why don't they address it with the same vigor as if it were an [u]illegal[/u] addictive drug? Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 337 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,748 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1280.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 62 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eve and Duckie, the fog is a sign of healing. The fog is good. The fog is your friend. Embrace the fog. Be one with the fog. ...... .......... ......... Aw, man! There's them guys in the white coats again. Catch you later................. :8o:

Reading this thread: