Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

Mind Games

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sally, Stay strong, do not give in to the cravings. Make good use of your coping mechanisms. Keep us posted on your success, Melanie __________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[font=Comic Sans MS]Text[/font]
18 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was just talking to someone who quit two years ago and has the same cravings he did at the first day. Does it ever leave you alone? That's what I'm afraid of, that all my energy will be going into concentrating on not having that next cigarette and I'll be too exhausted for life itself.
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you. If your'e like me,I found the hardest part of quitting is making the decision to quit. Last time I listened to that god awful voice it took me a year to get up the gumption to quit again. Don't make that mistake. Congrats on stickin it out. Keep on keepin on. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 757 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $337.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sally, Way to go. I am posting a Blue Ribbon for you. You made it through a tough one. If you are 3 days quit then there should be no Nic in your system. That is the worst part. Just hang in there. If you pick up the pack you never know for sure iof Monday will come around for you. Just stay quit now. Good luck and work the program to the left if you have not already. And if you have maybe you want to review why you wanted to quit. [img] http://stubow.com/ssc/ka.jpg [img] Kickin Ash in 06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$24,937.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 632 Hours: 19

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
you go bru........ [img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/071.gif[/img] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 716 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $317.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey brubaker...... smoggone is right - i have talked to MORE people who have quit and have no cravings than those who quit and still are dying for a smoke. what i have heard is that once in a while you have a thought about smoking.....fleeting and it's gone. I had a pretty rough weekend LAST week, (had taken the patch off and was in agony) but this weekend i'm back to the way i use to be - free. so stay busy on the computer and try not to worry too much about what may or may not happen in 360 days! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 716 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $317.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sally. Good for you, not giving in. I had a few days with those voices myself. It's tough, but you should give yourself a big pat on the back for not listening to them. I haven't had those thoughts in a week or 2, so they do go away. Stay Strong. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 801 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $273.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Hey Henry-Peter, you sound kinda down. It must be hard still having bad cravings. Have you figured out why or when they seem to hit the worst? I don't really have a lot of advice to give you except keep busy and DO NOT SMOKE! Keep strong. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 830 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $282.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
Peter, You are right about being fools to start. But what does that make us if we start again? I'm glad you say your quit is strong. Are you just feeling like this is too long a journey? Because you're right it is. I guess that's why it is called an addiction and not a hobby. lol. Nobody should ever say it is easy. I mention 1 hour and day at a time because it has helped me to look at it that way. You seem to need a more specific time frame. I wish I could give it to you. You mention not watching your dvd's downstairs. Is there another room where you can set a t.v. up for yourself? Unfortunately so many of our everyday activities are set up with a ciggie in hand. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 831 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $282.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9

Reading this thread: