Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

many forms of love

12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How exciting for you Deb : ) To relish the thought that you can enjoy your flight without smoking paraphernalia in tow and with your new healthy lungs, stabilized BP and less allergies,  I bet you'll feel like you're flying whether you're in an airplane or not!  Isn't NOPE great? BTW, I think you got some good kick ass formula going yourself these days! And that is delicious; I agree!   : ) Eyja
12 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Eyes are always on the prize Pen.  :) 

Yesterday was crazy busy, and I found out that I'm being sent to Maine in October.  I've never been!  So I'm super excited.  And I know that I will have a crazy long flight where I don't have to worry about smoking.  I don't have to look for a place at any stopovers, I don't have to sneak into the bathroom worried about someone catching me.... I just get to fly and be amazed from the west coast, to the east coast, by the things I see outside my window.  And I get to have a non-smoking hotel.

I love everything I can smell now (well, most everything).  I love the energy I have.  The sleepiness is still there, but yesterday it lifted a bit.  Today I feel it more.  There was a yucky cough the first week, but that is gone.   I have crazy allergies to pollen of any kind, and although that's still there and my eyes water every single morning, it's better than it was.

AND, I went and saw my doctor because I was getting dizzy.  Turns out that my blood pressure is low.  I'm on high blood pressure medicine, and because of quitting, we cut my dose in half and will be checking it 3 times a week to see if I don't need it anymore.  I already feel so much better with the lower dose.

So we go through blahs, pain, ecstasy, crying, joy..... but that's life anyway.  With or without smoking.  Although I feel a bit raw experiencing it this way, there's something delicious about it!  At least today.  Maybe tomorrow I'll be complaining.  Hope not :) 

Can't wait to see the east coast!
Deb

12 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Eyes on the prize deb. Whatever is thrown at you as you stride on, just deflect it and keep on keeping on. With each day you will become stronger, with each day it will become easier, with each day you will become the ex-smoker you desire to be.

• Quit Meter

$56,958.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 3

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

You guys are the coolest.

Now I can't sleep!  Although crazy tired, it's hot, and I finally got up because of the tossing and turning.

Thanks for clarifying Eyja!  You are a gal after my own heart.  I appreaciate you being there, and am proud to share our quits together.  You're a kick ass chick. 

Will, I love how much you pay attention, and that you read what I wrote, and pulled up a quote that fit what I wrote.  That is warming.  Much more than that.  You are one of those rare individuals that goes the extra mile for others.  Thank you.

Deb
12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Original Post by: cvdeb
What a wonderful 24 hours.  It was quiet and I got to spend some time thinking.  I've done many things differnt this quit.  Before, I made such a big deal out of a day, a week, a month.  But I realized that I was focusing on being a smoker.  A smoker needs to count.

Now I don't care so much.  Yay for two weeks..... but how about the yay for idenifying as a non-smoker.  I'd rather just think of myself as someone who doesn't smoke, rather than someone who is counting days.  I needed to acknowledge the two weeks-- mainly because I think the rewards are important. But that's it.

On to day 15.

I've noticed that our site has grown quiet.  So Jan, it was wonderful to see you.  Thank you for writing.  Will and Eya, you are both so amazing!  I'm so impressed with not only your stats, but your awesome personalities.  I feel so lucky to have met you here, and your posts keep me going.  Dave, you will always be my friend.  Always always always.

xo you guys!
"As long as a person feels like a smoker trying not to smoke, he or she is going to have the psychological problems and play the little mind games of a smoker trying not to smoke. When you cross over to the frame of mind that you are not a smoker trying not to smoke but rather you are now an ex-smoker--and that is what you want to be--the psychological benefit can be both powerful and profound."
I saw this qoute and remembered your desire to think of yourself as an ex-smoker.
12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Deb: So glad you have support at home!  Your sleep sounded peaceful!  Very good for you for to recognize what you need : ) I had not heard that quote from Vincenza (TY) before either - it's truly beautiful & one to remember! 
To answer your ? on my SSC name Deb; Ya; it's me, eya. I just wanted to amp up a bit. Name starts with a capital letter now; I like that!  Also added a silent 'j'; it reminds me that we all have many things brewing under the surface that often remain 'silent' - just like that ' Eyja fallootin' volcano. Gonna let her do the smoking from now on tho!   I'm going with 'lose the smoke but keep the fire!' these days!  We can do it!  Just say NOPE   Cheers    Eyja
That was beautiful Vinceza.  Thank you.

Sleep!  What a wonderful thing that is! 

I got through my workday yesterday.  I contemplated painting open eyes on the outside of my eyelids, buying sunglasses, just putting my head down for a 'minute', but ended making it till the end of the day.

I went home and had a lie down on the couch, and was out like a light.  Around 7pm, my partner woke me up to see if I wanted dinner (Starving, Yes!), then I fell back asleep on the couch.  He woke me up again around 10pm and asked if I wanted to go up to bed (Yes!), so I toddled behind him like a 2 year-old and crawled in and was immediately back asleep.  I'm so lucky to have him.  He took care of everything last night.

I'm like you Eya.  Quitting smoking makes me feel so sleepy.  I know for others it can cause restlessness and difficulty sleeping.  I think I'll take the sleepiness over the restlessness.  So, (embarrassed to ask), are you posting as Eyja now, or am I talking to someone else???    I wasn't sure.  If that's you, I love your new name and avatar, and if it's not you, ditto.

And thanks for writing Will.  It was nice getting the extra support yesterday.

A much more wakeful and non-smoking me today. 
Deb

'soap is for the body what tears are for the soul'.......wow... I hadn't heard thatr before.....

TY Vincenza...
 "I plan to put one foot in front of the other and get through as best I can."

Deb I can't think of a better wat to proceed.

12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi cvdeb,

That does seem like a good plan.  Take it easy today, and don't be hard on yourself for sobbing.
It's by no means a fun place to be, but they say 'soap is for the body what tears are for the soul'.

Vincenza, Health Educator

Reading this thread: