Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

many forms of love

12 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
All went well this morning.  Every organ in my body, and all of my blood tests were good.  Apparently, I'm super healthy according to the results.

I'm still having horrible pain near my right bottom rib, so I went in for an x-ray today.  Results are on Monday.

It was good to know everything else is healthy though.  I'm still really tired and that has me worried the most.  I took another day off today to sleep some more and go to my appointment.  Also to go get the x-ray.

Thanks enjya.  Sleep is very healing.  I do feel a little bit better.  Am looking forward to one month of not smoking!  It's coming soon.  Despite the stress of feeling yuck and being worried about feeling so yuck..... there is no chance of me smoking.

Back to sleep for me.  Thanks to you all for being there.

Deb
12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Deb;  Hope all goes well with your appointment at the doc's today.  If your body needs to sleep to recover from what ails you, it certainly will (apparently!)  You sure have a lot of friends and support here at SSC!  You are important to many folks wishing you well on these pages : ) Thoughts of your best health with prayers that all goes well at your Dr appt & you and feel way better soon :)  Take care  Eyja
Thank you Duffis.  I won that round by doing exactly what I knew I needed to do.  Writing being one primary thing!

I had my ultrasound this morning.  I'm really sick at this point and had to take a day off.  I mostly slept.  I nodded off waiting for my appointment, actually fell asleep during the ultrasound, drove to work, and made it until 12 when I started nodding off again at my desk.

I called my boss and told her I had to go home and sleep.  Which is what I did.  I slept and slept.  I was only awakened by the phone I put by my head.  One phone call was from my doctor's office.  They want to see me first thing in the morning-- they didn't say why.  So I'll be there. 

Then I fell back asleep.  I only just now got up to eat a little for the first time today, and am now going to go back to sleep. 

Keep you all posted.  Hard to smoke in your sleep so I did just fine today with that.  No cravings to report.  Just a little worried about my health, and why my doctor didn't call 6 days from the test to tell me everything's fine and not to worry (the usual routine whenever I have to test for anything).

Hmmmm.  I'm so tired you guys.  Hopefully I'm exhausted for perfectly normal reasons.

Night.

Deb
12 years ago 0 1095 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Deb:

While you may not fully realize it yet,  you just won a major round in the fight.  Having stood steady while the craves were hitting below the belt you gutted it out and stood tall in the end.  Bless you girl and hang in there I know you are going to climb all the way to the top of quit mountain.

Love

Duffis

Thanks so much you guys!  It's been a twisty day, and I needed to write because I had what was probably my most intense craving day so far.

Around 2pm today, I started getting these horrible pains in my right stomach, and also started getting really nauseous.  And just feeling unwell in general.  Couldn't get into the doctor until 4pm, and was also expecting about 20 people over tonight for the beginning of Monday night football (of which I watch none, but the wives and I have fun together).

Long story short.  I was pretty ill by the time I reached my doctor's.  I was scared, and mostly worried about my appendix.  Turns out that's fine (thank God!).  No hospital or surgery.  He thinks it gallstones (fun!), and I have to go get an ultrasound on Thursday-- might be an ulcer.  Don't know.  So was pretty stressed. 

I came home and carried on as usual.  Cooked, had 3 glasses of wine with everyone even though I shouldn't have.  I did have fun though even though I was still in pain.  But after everyone left about a half hour ago, I wanted a cigarette in the worst possible way. 

So I'm writing instead.  The craving is already starting to pass, and writing seemed like the best possible alternative to smoking.  It's been a stressful day, but I also had fun.  I'm also tired from it all.  That's what I meant when I wrote that it's been a twisty day.  I'm hoping that I'll get a good night's sleep and start fresh tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll feel a little better in the tummy.

I think the best thing to do beyond writing, is to go lie down and breathe.  Maybe play a word game on my phone.  That always seems to help me place my mind on other things.

Thanks for listening, and hanging in there with me..... marching on to 1 month.

Deb

12 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's great, Deb. A little reward might be in order?
12 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
3 weeks;  13 weeks; 23 weeks; 33 weeks; 333 weeks . . . you can just see how great it will be from now with that clean fresh air in those lungs for many weeks to come!  Congrats Deb on staring down that 'blah' week and movin' on to a full month of NOPE!  Woo Hoo!  Eyja
12 years ago 0 35 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deb,

Congratulation on your 3rd week of being free and clean...You are so right the clean fresh in the lungs is a beautiful thing...I have been breathing some of that clean fresh air today too...and it feels wonderful....

jdoe....
12 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Deb ! Congrats on 3 weeks. What's nice at this point is that you are no longer physically dependent on nicotine. Any craves now on are coming from your mind. Also the nicotine receptors(acetylcholine) have returned to normal. Whether you know it or not you are FREE !!!

N.O.P.E. !

Hi guys!

Just doing a quick check-in.  I'm done with blah week (it really is called that for a reason).  The blahs are lifting and my energy is getting better a little bit more each day.  I'm going long periods of time without thinking about smoking at all, but I'm still staying on my toes.

Not a heck of a lot to say today.  It's Monday after all and back in the office trying to motivate myself.  Just wanted to say hi and celebrate my third week with clean fresh air in my lungs.  It's a beautiful thing.

Deb

Reading this thread: