Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Talk To Me

16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bear, I'm new at this and don't have all the searching down yet but I would be enterested in knowing how long you smoked and what kind of music you like to listen to. Some where I hear a country song in your "do it or shut up" attitude.LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No I would'nt of given up on you but you would have gotten the same attitude and the same support and if you don't think I care you better look back at a few of my earlier posts ?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,052 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,140.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How is quitting NOT scary?!?! It's getting rid of something that has been with us EVERYDAY for many, many, many years! Quitting is about re-defining who you are, how you cope with emotions, what you do during breaks, where you hang out (at least in the beginning), and how you look at life! Tell me that's not a scary thing! Maybe you weren't scared, but I know I was! And I didn't smoke even 1/5 as long as you did. Crave the Quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 755 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,118.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
You didn't answer my question... would you have given up on me if you'd been on the site back then? See, I got a lot of really good support here, even after all of my slips. Yeah, I got smacked upside the head by some, but even then, I knew that it was because people DID care, not because they didn't. But if I'd read a post like this back then, I might have given up then... and look where I wouldn't be today. Wouldn't that be a shame? Crave the Quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 755 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,118.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
Quitting is scary ?? Your logic escapes me on this one I would think you should be more afraid of dying of cancer or some other smoking related disease ??? If that person that your refering to is still here I'm sure she'll step up and tell me her story . No I did'nt know that you had 3 slips in the 1'rst 4 1/2 months you see I only have 114 days smoke free compared to your 755. And no I will cut them no slack if your here to quit smoking do it . [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,052 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,140.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
One more thing, you wrote: "don't tell me that because your under a little stress that your going to give it up." As I'm sure you know, I had 3 slips in the first 4 1/2 months of this quit and none since then. Perhaps I was one of the ones you talk about now. But I needed this group to get me through those and have gone on to have a very successful quit with no slips at all in over a year and a half. Would you have given up on me? Crave the Quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 755 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,118.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
Bear, I can remember almost 2 years ago, there was this person who came here and was totally on the fence about quitting. She set a quit date over a month and a half out and posted in the meantime. She was scared, but she wanted support. Nobody beat her up about it, and everybody supported her, and eventually, she moved her quit date up and just did it. Almost 2 years later, she's still quit without a puff. I'm not sure she'd want me to say who she is, so I won't, but just know that those who are on the fence about quitting may eventually come off the fence and just do it... but in the meantime, they need our support to get there. Quitting is scary. VERY scary! It's abandoning a part of who you are and becoming a different person. Not to be mean, but cut them a little slack, k? They need support too. Crave the Quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 755 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,118.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
See i'm so confident I posted it twice. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,052 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,140.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
Nope you don't qualify as a whiner. Your attitude tells me everything and you are one of the people that will make it . ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,052 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,140.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Nope you don't qualify as a whiner. Your attitude tells me everything and you are one of the people that will make it . ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,052 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,140.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1

Reading this thread: