Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Talk To Me

16 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to Nicotine Addiction 101.... this post makes for good reading noobs, tis what makes us all unique. Butterfly Swimmer, you took the words right out of my mouth.... [quote] Quitting is about re-defining who you are, how you cope with emotions, what you do during breaks, where you hang out [/quote] Bear, I think you ought to stick around dude ! share with us your thoughts & wisdom - i mean anyone who's quit for 5 years before gets my respect. don't let a little cat fight scare you off......Respect. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 922 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 32,270 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,993.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 131 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$12,506.22

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 625 Hours: 16

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This morning when I got up with cravings I got on this site for support. I posted to Cheeks because our quit date is the same and she sounded like she was having a ruff time, I posted to Bear because he seemed inpatient and with 118 quit days (I hope I remembered the right amount) I knew he had some expierence about a quit. Those post got me through the morning and I was in a pretty good mood. When I got that after lunch craving I got back on and was really suprised at how this conversation had evolved. Felt like I'd been in the middle of a family argument. Bear to you I give a big Bear ((((HUG)))). Your getting me through the day. And Cheeks, I hope your day is going better!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Casey, you are right about tones being misinterpreted. It has happened to me before and in this lightning fast communication world I think we always have to be mindful of it. Bear, you know that many would be upset if you leave, [i]ESPECIALLY[/i] a very tenacious member of your family! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 177 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $495.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, you're supposed to take what you can use, and leave the rest. You're not supposed to leave. :) C'mon... let's focus on our common goal rather than our differences in how to achieve it. Different approaches work for different people, and different people have a different experience with quitting. Let's accept that and emphasize the positive. We have enough to battle with this horrible addiction...without battling with one another. We're stronger together. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,184.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear, we need you, we love you & we want you to stay. You helped me so much when I first joined & gave me the confidence to commit to helping others. There are all kinds of people here with all kinds of opinions & that's why it works. Because whatever kind of help you need, it's here. Your kind of help is needed, too, please don't leave. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $660.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bear - Don't you dare leave. When I started here just a few short weeks ago, you and just a few others were the reason I stayed. Don't let one conversation ruin the good things you do and say here. What a loss it would be. After reading Unhooked's post, I more understand what you are referring to and agree to an extent. (Unhooked - you always make sense!!!) We are here to support each other not fight/argue/be mean to each other. Let this string die and let's do what we are here for!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't you dare!!! I thought we were having a friendly debate!!! You're not going anywhere! (Are you?!?!) Please say that you're not! Crave the Quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 755 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 18,875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,118.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good point about the age, Lainey & also that we cannot influence someone else's "head space". Umm, Bear? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $660.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Butterfly Swimmer Your right So I have no regrets in saying Good Bye I love you all .. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,052 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,140.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bear, I think one thing to keep in mind, that age has a bearing here as well. It seems to be a truth that the older we get the more serious we become about our health in general, and that has a lot to do with 'getting the job done.' I think we also get more frustrated in trying to pass on that 'urgence' to others. (ie: WE can see it, why can't they?) But I do think that no one should be afraid of quitting. Quitting in itself is not hard. We are afraid of FAILING, not quitting, and we make it harder for ourselves by allowing our own anxities to cloud what we are trying to do. A big part of quitting is getting the knowledge to set aside those worries and Just do it! Each quitter has to have their 'head in the right place' (I call it). That is the one thing, we cannot help them do, and may be why we sometimes feel frustrated! I understand completely what you are feeling! All we can do is try to prod a little, we can't push anyone into quitting, they have to be ready. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 129 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,360.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: