Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,771 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78

Over the Edge

17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady I am glad that I strolled through the SSC at this very moment. Smoking will not change one little tiny bit of what you feel and what you have going on in your life. Smoking will shorten your life. Smoking will give you even more grief and hardship than what you have now. Smoking will ultimately kill you. I tell you this from my own experience. I quit for months and then went home to deal with my mother and arrange to take her out of her home and have her put into a chronic care facility. My taking up smoking again at that point in my life did not change any of the grief I felt at what I had to do. Smoking didn't make anything any different. Smoking robbed me of my life and my life force. Reality - Smoking made all of what I was dealing with worse. Smoking stressed me more than I already was. Smoking numbed and deadened my brain, my sense of pleasure. That pleasure sense has not come back to what I believe it can be in full and I have been quit for 13.5 months now. It will come back I believe and trust that it will. Bottom line and I hope that you will take this in. I had a very difficult time with this in all parts of my quit. By smoking you are killing yourself, you are taking away the mother of your children, you are taking away a grandmother which I am sure you would be one day and you are robbing you children, your family and all of those who love you of your life. You are robbing the God that you believe in, of the health and life that He created you to live. For me Suicide is not an option. Smoking for me is exactly that, taking my life. From my heart to yours don't rob yourself of your life. It simply is not worth it. There is too much in life that is worth living. Hope you see this message. Love to you. Hope you make it through Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 400 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,020 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 66 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh my very best SSC quit buddy!! HUGS GF So you would like reason why not to go back to smoking? Heck I'm living that reason. Lets see, I wanted to go back to smoking because I stopped caring when I found out I had cancer. Did it work? Heck no. Did it numb me like I expected it to? Nope. Was it worth it? No again. It also didnt make my feelings at that moment go away. It actually hurt worse. The hate one feels when they betrayed themselves by taking that puff is worse than that broken heart gf. I know, I did it. You and I made a deal, we are in this together. We have been each other's backbones when the other was down. If you go down, I go down also. Just like you said to me in December when I took that one puff. GF, nothing is worth ruining and giving up on a 20 month quit. My gosh I could only fathon what that will feel like when I get there. Rewards? heck, I havent heard you mention a reward for quite a while. "Me time" nope you haven't done or mentioned that either. Hmmm, something wrong with this. Life in general, not just here, requires both those items. Otherwise, life burns you out. GF things always happen for a reason, not coincidence and you and I both know why. Maybe this is your chance to become strong FOR YOU and not someone else. You just need to get yourself up and find something other than that lurking smoke to fulfill that need you so desparately need. Cigs are not the answer my dear friend. just a little reminder, I'm right behind you gf. Hugs Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,845 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $310.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Life goes on when we quit. We still have ups and downs. We have to learn how to deal with emotions differently than we did when we smoked. I have been quit for over 20 months now. I have just found out that the last year and a half something I really believed in with all my heart wasn't what it was potrayed to be. I believed with all my heart in something that just wasn't real. I know a lot of people around here go back to smoking for various reasons and some say they hate themselves for it later. I would like to hear some of those reasons right now. I promised over a year ago to post and wait for 10 replies before smoking so here I am. My heart is broken and I feel totally worthless. Going back to my deck and hiding behind a smoke screen sounds like just what the doctor ordered. There it is. Live and about as real as it gets folks! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 631 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,636 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2208.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49

Reading this thread: