Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,771 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78

Over the Edge

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you. Good night.
17 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This song came on the radio today. It's by Al Green. It reminded me of you....and this site. Sometimes in our lives we all have pain We all have sorrow But if we are wise We know that there's always tomorrow Lean on me, when you're not strong And I'll be your friend I'll help you carry on For it won't be long 'Til I'm gonna need Somebody to lean on Please swallow your pride If I have things you need to borrow For no one can fill those of your needs That you don't let show Lean on me, when you're not strong And I'll be your friend I'll help you carry on For it won't be long 'Til I'm gonna need Somebody to lean on If there is a load you have to bear That you can't carry I'm right up the road I'll share your load If you just call me So just call on me brother, when you need a hand We all need somebody to lean on I just might have a problem that you'd understand We all need somebody to lean on Lean on me when you're not strong And I'll be your friend I'll help you carry on For it won't be long Till I'm gonna need Somebody to lean on Lean on me... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,498 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $851 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$330,714.23

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6032 Hours: 12

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, We are all here for you. Keep praying and we will pray with you and for you. I also want to let you know that you are truly an inspiration. Of all the people here, you were the person that I wanted to get a reply from during my early days. You gave so many people such wonderful advice. I know that you might not feel it now, but you are a very special person. God does have a plan, we may not understand it or even agree, but being Christian, we follow. I know in the past, I have said many times why me, then I later say thank you for that trial, that lead me to this place. For without all the trials, you would not be the person that you are today. And Lady that is a wonderful, supportive, strong, friendly, intelligent, nonsmoking women. Oh and I heard on the radio last week that women say it does help to break the dishes like Pat suggested.:eg: No I really did. (((((((((Big Hugs)))))))))))) and we are here for you. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $241.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
How many tears can one person cry? I had to go meet my ex to pick up my son. He asked what my problem was. When I didn't reply he made some really nasty comments and all the way home, each gas station I passed was calling my name. The junkie never dies. But I am still here. I am still breathing and I still have a good job and wonderful children. I am still blessed and God has a plan for me. Just when I think I can't cry anymore, more memories come flooding in. I can't do this. I don't want to hurt like this. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 632 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,657 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2212 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so happy you made it through the initial disappointment. I'm so sorry you were hurt. I read the link, I wish I could have posted but I left the house yesterday with my kid and spent the night with my sister, I should have used her computer. You did it for 20 months. I know you will hang on. I'm kind of shocked at how easy I gave in. It's a powerful addiction and I feel even worse for doing it so don't think about it anymore. I'll reply to your reply to me when I can think or agree. Hugs, Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,453 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $607.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, He knows exactly what we need and when we need it. I'm sure you know the poem "Footprints"...maybe He is carrying you now. So, let Him.
As difficult as it was, I still went to church today. I cried my eyes out at God. I asked why, I got mad, and I cried. I knelt at the alter for a very long time wanting an answer. My daughter, who hasn't been to church in months was right there beside me, praying with me. My minister came to me afterwards telling me that he asked God what to say to me. The story of the wedding where Jesus turned the water to wine came to mind and he said that Jesus told the guests that whatever was said, just do it. He then told me that whatever the holy spirit tells me to do, just do it. We are meant to live a victorious, happy life as Christians. He has watched me struggle for the past couple of months. He doesn't know what is going on but God knows. I said I can't fight anymore. He said that is exactly where the Holy Spirit wants you. He will take over from here. Just felt like sharing that with you. I'm not sure why. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 632 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,654 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2212 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'ms sorry you are hurting. I can't share an inspirational story - I bought a pack yesterday. But I'm stopping tomorrow. I will read the whole thread and I hope you made it through. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,451 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $607.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What an awesome post Martha!!! I don't think anyone could have made a better post! That was so awesome! And I LOVE the story of the butterfly! Thank you for posting that! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 646 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,168 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2667.98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lady, I'm sorry to hear that you have hit a rough patch but I believe that you know the answer to your last question about strength. Here's a gentle reminder [i]And He [Jesus] said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.�[/i] 2 Cor 12:9a [i]I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.[/i] Phillipians 4:13 If He brought you to it, He'll get you through it. None of this may help until some of the pain subsides but here's a story for ya. Take Care, Sandra ******************************************************************** A man found a cocoon of a butterfly, which he carefully brought home. Several days later a small opening appeared. He sat and watched several hours as the butterfly struggled to force its body through the tiny opening. After hours of struggle, the butterfly stopped making any progress in its escape. It appeared as if it had gone as far as it could. The man decided to help the butterfly, so he took a pair of scissors and carefully enlarged the hole. The butterfly was then able to exit the cocoon easily, but like a newborn infant, it looked misshapen. Its body was swollen and its wings were small, shriveled things. "Surely, at any moment, the wings would expand," the man thought as he continued to watch. But nothing happened. The body remained swollen and the wings remained crippled. It was never able to fly. What the man in his kindness and haste did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required of the butterfly to emerge through the tiny opening were God's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings. Once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon, it would be ready for flight. Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in out life. If God allowed us to go through our life without obstacles, it would cripple us. We would not be as strong as we could have been.
  • Quit Meter

$37,264.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 644 Hours: 12

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: