Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,771 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78

Over the Edge

17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Where is my shining star??? I have to know Lady. I couldn't sleep so I came and got on SSC. Not expecting to read what I just read. Sweetie, what is worth loosing a quit like yours? We all know that life isn't fair all the time. A broken heart is the pits. When that happens our emotions are so raw, we can't think straight, we do things before we think them through. I am in so much pain right now, that was the reason I couldn't sleep. I have two bulging disc in my lower back. I can't sit, so I'm standing here typing. The thought of smoking has crossed my mind also. But that is not an option for me, and I don't think it is for you either. Lady, just say, "God I can't, but I know that you can"......Please give it to Him, and turn loose and let it go. You're in my thoughts and prayers.. Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 442 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,515 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1547 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 64 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$230,136.19

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 10

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
lady...i am on IM... lean on me, just as i know i can lean on you. [color=Purple]~bugg huggs~[/color]
  • Quit Meter

$52,747.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 923 Hours: 8

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, Life sucks sometimes. I know that you know this from experience. And I know from the last 21 months that you've been thrown many lemons in your lifetime, and especially since beginning this quit. But you have never given up! No matter what life throws you, you're always there to throw right back. No matter how hard life smacks you in the face, you remain standing... sometimes a little wobbly and shaken, and sometimes only standing because of the mass of people at the SSC standing behind you, holding you up... but yet, you refuse to fall! And right now is one of those times that I know deep in my heart that you will not fall. Do not give in to this addiction! You've come too far and have gained too much to ever let this addiction get the best of you. Who will you hurt right now if you smoke? Will you hurt the ones who hurt you? Probably not... certainly not as much as you will hurt yourself. You will only destroy yourself if you destroy your quit. Think about your children and all of the reasons that you have quit. I KNOW that you do not want to give up everything that you've worked so hard for these last nearly 21 months. I KNOW you don't! I'm so sorry you're going through this pain! IM me if you want to chat... you've got my IMs. Even if it says I'm not on, I probably am. I'll talk to you soon, friend. Hang in there. I know you've got the strength. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 646 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2667.98 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, Please stick with it. I need you! Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, You mean good night my friends and we will see you tomorrow. If you decide to smoke, that is a decisions on your part. Of course it is not the end of the world, I hope that you just go sleep on it. Smoke is smoke; addiction, bothersome, all of those things.
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good bye my friends. Thank you for all your help.
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, you said that for the last year and a half you believed in something that wasn't real. Well, cigarettes do offer you something real. They'll kill you. They'll destroy your life, and then they'll kill you. That's real. And if that's what you want, there are quicker ways; ways where you don't have to suffer for most of a lifetime first. Believe me... most of us have gone through very bad times. Sometimes life just doesn't seem fair. But life can be tough enough without our making a conscious decision to make it even harder. And that's exactly what you'd be doing if you lit up. You know... I would understand if you went back smoking. I know that sometimes it's just really hard to care. Things can seem so bad, at points in our lives... that, for a while, we're just looking to whatever will get us through the day. But that isn't what life is about. And I think you already know that. The question is... what ultimately means more to you? Your core convictions about the value and purpose of life... including your life? Or finding some false comfort to get you through the day? Sometimes a condition of living is that we walk through the fire. And if we do, somewhere down the road... we discover the point. We come to understand why life challenged us in that way, and we come to see that we're better for it. If we respond rather than hide. I hope you find what you need, and regardless of what you choose... I'll be rooting for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 471 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $166.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Lady, I got out of the shower the other morning and a smoking thougtht crossed my mind. I said, yes it has been such a long time, and I wondered what it might feel like, then I passed it off. Time is the healer dear, just find other things to feel the time. So have you been on a walk lately, had a reward, went to a movie, how about some spicy food tonight, or go to bed early tonight. You know Lady, and you know you know, it will pass. Take care and help the others as you have doing for such a long time. Smoking is not ONE OF YOUR OPTIONS!
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, Don't give into your junkie thinking. Yes, it hurts and it will be hard to pick yourself back up but you can do it without cigarettes helping you because the truth of the matter is, smoking won't help make anything easier. Whether you smoke or not, it will still hurt but you'll have lost over 20 months quit. Keep close, stay strong. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady....your opening statement says it all. [i]Life goes on when we quit. We still have ups and downs. We have to learn how to deal with emotions differently than we did when we smoked. [/i] I hate to be one of the number of replies that allows you to lay down your quit and smoke :8o: I have had a couple of what I consider to be heartbreaks in the years that I have been quit.....one of them left me longing for cigarettes in a very real way. Only my anger at my addiction kept me from lighting up. We can't EVER let this insidious addiction take back the control!! We have fought long and hard for where we are....heartaches are just that heartaches.....and your addiction just "sees" an opening to rear his ugly head within your sorrow. His promises are lies....allowing him in will only deepen your sorrow.....cause whatever "isn't" real, your quit IS real. Being deceived/fooled/etc...does NOT make you worthless...far from it. let me be the doctor....and you mustn't choose to hide in the smoke. Trusting and believing in life and people are GOOD qualities....don't EVER be ashamed of them. I am sorry that you have received this blow, but bow your head, pray and begin to move on....YOU have done nothing wrong. God bless you....you are in my prayers tonight....and I am confident that you will not smoke. ((hugs)) Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1905 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76,232 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10858.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 251 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$159,106.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5348 Hours: 3

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: