Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,771 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78

Over the Edge

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pardon me! I beg to differ! You are not in the place you want to be and smoking will absolutely not help you in any way shape or form. You have 633 days under your belt and this something you can hold fast to! You will get to your good place in time. After all that you have been through, this is not the time to quit the quit. I don't normally suggest this, but take time away and focus on yourself, leave the site briefly and refocus on you and your body. Call a friend and lean on them :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stop that crazy talk Lady! Stop it right now! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 647 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,189 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2672.11 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It really doesn't matter. I think a pack of Newports would do me a lot of good right now. Goodbye [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 633 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,671 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2215.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
Lady, As you can see my words are not those of a certified counsellor :) We both meant no harm! This is a tough disease and it can hinder us in many ways. Take all that you have received and let it guide you. Your presence is always welcome. Have you broken the dishes yet?? Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
Lady, Sometimes, issues that are not smoking related can become extremely smoking related if they cause us to smoke. Quitting smoking isn't always just about cravings... it's also about triggers and dealing with life. The way that we used to deal with life was to smoke anytime something happened. Now, we have to learn other ways of dealing with life that do not involve smoking, and that is definitely smoking related. I do think that this post got a little off track, but the important thing is for you, Lady, to find other ways to deal with your pain besides smoking. We are here to help you do that. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 647 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,189 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2672.11 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Josie, I am sorry this thread got so off base for you. I will not post again. I didn't mean to break any rules. I am going through a tough time and I guess this isn't the place to do it. Again, I apologize to the moderators and all the members for distracting the purpose of this site. I will not be disruptive again. Goodbye. This is my last post. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 633 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,670 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2215.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
LADY, Support really came through! Again we are not master counselors and can only assist you with smoking cessation :) We are glad that you did not stop and know that you are taking steps to help yourself. Use the IM for the added support from members and start breaking a dish or two, very therapeutic :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, Don't let that demon win. This is what the devil wants. He wants for you to blame yourself and for you to feel bad. But that makes him the winner. You need to be the winner!!!!! I know its hard, been there (a couple of times). But with help you can make. With all the help here and I am sure a ton of people are praying for you. You can make it past this and to the point where you can function again and start to heal. Let us help. Let God Help. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 638 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $125 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, We are all here, so start leaning on us. Keep the communication line open. Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 443 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1550.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 65 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$230,136.19

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 10

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Lady, I know this is difficult, but you've GOT to quit blaming yourself for what happened! You said "These stupid emotions are what blew everything to begin with!" God gave us emotions for a reason. He doesn't want us to be cold, bitter, mean people. He wants us to love, show compassion and experience true feelings. You can't experience those feelings if you're trapped in your self-made fortress that you are trying to build back up. You can't experience true happiness without first knowing what it's like to not be happy. You can't experience true love without knowing what love is not. I still believe that the trials that you are going through are God's way of bringing you into His true love. That wall you had up before... it's not there anymore and it can't be rebuilt. I know that I've wanted to shelter myself off from everybody and everything as well, but the fact is that we can't. You're not that same person you were when you had that wall up. You've changed... for the better, I might add. That wall was actually made of smoke. And yet it kept others out just fine. But it doesn't belong in your life anymore. It has no purpose. It will only destroy you. You have friends who care about you who don't want you to build that wall back up. I think we've ALL been inside a wall like that at one time or another, and while it might SEEM like a good place right now, once you get in there, you will find that it's a very lonely place; a very desolate place. That's no way to live and you know it! Put the brick down and come join us. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 647 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,186 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2672.11 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10

Reading this thread: