Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Smoking Again

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joyful - I could have written the exact same post as you, except I relented after not smoking for 2-1/2 years. Shortly after I started again, I made a very feeble attempt to quit, which didn't work, of course. It took me almost a year to really, really decide to stop again. It was harder this time, because I knew it HAD to be forever. I have learned that you can NEVER let your guard down, you must remain vigilent at all times - there is no such thing as "home-free" with this nonsense. You do know that you can do it, because you succeeded before. When you're ready, you will know it. And do it. Please take care, sushik [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,272 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I swore I would never post to this site again, but when a little birdie told me about this thread, I had to come see for myself. I could not have been sadder when I read this post than I was at that time. Like several others, I had to leave and come back because I just couldn�t believe I was reading what I was reading. But, you know that this was a shock to most of us. I didn�t re-sign up to tell you something you already know. I signed up because I want to let you know that that�s how much I care about you and your quit! How much do you care? Cherie, you�ve been there for me over and over again through many of my obstacles and I feel obligated to see you through this one too! You and I both struggled through our quits. From reading your journal thread �If you can do it, so can I� I know that you had a difficult quit like I did. So how can you throw away all of your hard work? I just don�t understand! Cherie, from the moment I first joined this site back in June of last year, you were someone who stood out to me. Just your name said it all. And then I remember reading your journal thread� what a title! What a positive attitude! What a quitter! You really were the pinnacle of the attitude that it takes to beat this addiction. To say that I�m disappointed is an understatement. But it�s not that you�re smoking. A simple mistake is easily forgivable and if you go right back to your quit, then alright. You live and learn. What saddens me more than anything is that you have lost your desire to quit again. I am just so sad! You know as much about this addiction as the rest of us who have been around this site for a while. You know the dangers of �just one.� So how could you just grab one from your friend and think that it�s OK to have one when you knew good and well that it most likely wouldn�t be just one? For somebody who is new to quitting or may even have been quit a long time, but doesn�t know the dangers of reintroducing nicotine into their systems, then it�s an understandable mistake. But for somebody who knows the dangers of reintroducing nicotine, then I just have to shake my head as I am doing right now. Cherie, you started a thread a while back that said that you promise to come here and post and wait for responses before
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cherie Let's look at this in a different light. You gave your body 16 full months of healing. That in it self made your quit very well worth while. Remember every day added to the quit column is a very positive thing! Have some fun and come back to joy us here. Regards Stickin to it
17 years ago 0 102 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cherie Hope you succeed this time! You can do it! Sending you positive thoughts and strength! Brenda [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $49.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Joyful Spirit! I didnt know what to say to your post, as you say that you dont plan to quit smoking either. I respect you for posting here, I know that there will be some people that are shocked by your post. But I am sure that shock will make more people on their guard, realise that they could actually slip and start smoking again. I know that once you have quit you will quit again, as smoking is ugh.. all day every day and it costs a fortune. So I look forward to seeing you around again, when you are ready! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 958 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �285 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The very fact that you describe smoking as a TERRIBLE ADDICTION That certainly doesnt sound to me like you plan to keep at it for the rest of your life. I know for sure that you will be back here posting as a new quitter again. (Tina lost at 2.5 years and is here quitting again)... I will be there for you when I do, whenever that maybe. Right now I am sure you are loving shoving as many of those filthy things down your throat, trying to make up for what it hasnt had for that time. You are right, it certainly is a terrible addiction! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 959 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �285 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel for you Cheerie, I use to be active on this board as Out of Focus. My story is exactly the same as yours, with the exception, that I thought about it for hours before I borrowed my sis's cig. Than it just built- the addiction roared and roared. (I feel stupid) Tearful. Come back soon. The sooner you start again the less days you have to take off your Quit Meter. I started mine back at 0 b/c after 7 months, it took me a good 3 to considering stopping again. My attmepts haven't been as strong as the first time around. I should feel stronger b/c I beat it before, but, in reality I feel much weaker. Sorry for hijaking this thread. Thanks Joyjul Cheerie for sharing your story. [size=1]Be prepared. I feel a lecture thread coming from some of our sterner members. I know they do it out of love and I read all of them, no matter how much they irritate my junkie self.[/size] ((((Hugz)))) Jan, I understand. We all do. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 171 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 181 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.it cant be true :( i dont know what eles to say,i feel so sad for you. all i can say is the time will come again like it has for me ,oh joyfull i just want to give you a big {{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}AS YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME SO MANY TIMES . W E L O V E Y O U. dont stay away stay lurking like i did. we will be waiting for you jan xxxxxxxxxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 181 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
dont cry joyfull!!!!!!!!!! sh**t happens ,you still have alot to give this site.as you say no one can take away the 1 year 4 months you were quit ,i wish id got that far! :quest: you still have all that info in your head and i for one want to hear it !!!!!!!!!!!dont stay away P L E A S E !!!![DONT YOU DARE CRY!] :blush: here,you can share my last fags ,i know i will have some left come sunday night!!! :8o: love ya jan xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cherie, Before I start I just want you to know that I am not sorry either way that you lit up- we have to learn one way or another, and until we are in enough pain we will not move from where we currently are. I have no judgment either way on what you did, it is what it is. But I do feel it struck a place within me, that good old junkie place, that said 'hey you've still got that unopened pack in your glove compartment. Your neighbor has been away for over a week now, and there is a reason it is still there...see how easy it would be to go down to the car and grab it out of there and smoke them? indeed it would be, far too easy." Have I done that yet? NOPE. Do I intend to? NOPE. But you have made me aware that there is that junkie inside of me telling me things that I am doing my best to plug my ears from hearing. Now I know I MUST get rid of that stupid unopened pack from my car TODAY. I am learning that it matters not how many days our meter says we are smoke free; hitting 500 does not mean that any of us suddenly become immune. There is no cure. The only thing we really have is N.O.P.E. and that is a choice. You were very inspirational to me in the very beginning of my quit, and you were one of the first people to respond to me, I was on day 2. Thank you for that, for you recognized the joy in me and I could feel the joy in you too. I am sorry that you were having a difficult time, and you thought perhaps noone was there for you to reach out to. We are always here for you, though, in truth :) I do hope you come back. One day, when you are ready, and you've made the decision, THE decision, you will. Until then, please remember that it is not really you who is enjoying the smoke, it is the junkie. Love, Eve [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 103 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 828 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $618 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: