Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Smoking Again

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joyful... You have been on my mind this morning. I am bumping a thread for you in this forum. It is called "The Courage to Quit". You have the courage to quit my friend. Stop beating yourself up and get to it! Kick the junkie to the curb. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 387 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,747 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1354.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cherie.. Call me day or night. You know I am here. I can't wait for you to quit again and I'm not a very patient person so HURRY UP! I ditto what Rusty said. You know we love you and will be here to welcome you home just like the prodical son. Hurry home, my friend. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 386 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,739 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1351 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joyful, I'm at a loss for words, but I do have to say that it took courage to come and let everyone know. This does show us that this is a terrible addiction and it could happen to anyone of us at anytime. We will all be here for you, hurry back.... [center][IMG]http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/5691/tonsofhugpf5.jpg[/IMG] [/center] [IMG]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6451/sweetpea8bk.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 325 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,907 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1459.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joyful Just wanted to say that this has really made me think about how easily and quickly it could happen to anyone of us. I believe it has helped reinforce my quit and has made it even stronger and for that I "Thank You." [IMG]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6451/sweetpea8bk.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 325 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,909 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1459.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow so sorry to hear this. Hope you quit again soon b4 it's to late. How can you stand the smell? :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 415 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,313 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1867.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joyful, [font=georgia][size=2][color=red] So sad But not mad.[/font][/size][/color] [size=2][color=blue]Thank you for sharing, We can't help caring.[/color] [color=orange]Please come back when your ready to be on track.[/color][color=green] We will all be here, To lead you a cheer. [/color][color=purple] [/size][size=4] PLEASE MAKE IT SOON!!![/color][/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 381 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,162 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1085.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
how are you doing joyful? Have you set a new quit date yet? You know what it will be like if you continue...the shortness of breath, the nicotine hangovers in the mornings, the smell on your clothes, the foul breath, the fear of disease...you don't want all of that again!!! You have experienced the freedom..get back with it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,703 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$90,824.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 6

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey joyful, I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. You were an inspiration. Get that "fire" back. Get that excitement that comes from being a nonsmoker back into your life! Hope to see you soon. And what happened with you butterfly swimmer? what do you mean? You are leaving the site. You have been an inspiration to soooo many also. did I miss something? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,599 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $221.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$90,824.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 6

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Cherie. I think the only one you've let down is yourself, and I imagine you've been much harder and punishing on yourself than all of us combined could ever be. What you said about just grabbing the cig from your friend, then the other subsequent ones, all without thinking, or with some thought but no control, reminded me of me when I smoked. Many more times than are countable I tried to not have one, or to delay it. Never worked, not once. As soon as I made the decision it was like my rational brain switched off. I'd go on autopilot and watch myself go outside and light up. There was no attempt at control, even when I wanted there to be. It just didn't work. It was the weirdest thing, but it happened over and over again. You are an example of what could so easily happen to all of us, of why we must remain wary and on constant guard. We can see the big things and fight them. They may be a hard battle, but at least there's the battle. It's the little, silent threats that are the most dangerous. We don't see them coming until they are there. If we don't have our defenses on alert, they could get us before we know what's happening. Coming here and telling your story took a great deal of courage, Cherie. Courage that you've already shown us time and time again. I'm sure the day will come for you to renew your quit, too. I hope it's soon, but you do it in your own time. Just don't be a stranger until it happens. You still have a lot of quit experience to share. Recent events have not negated all that came before. (((((((((((HUG))))))))))) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 423 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1607.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 78 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
s***! This is your life with which you are playing Russian Roulette. You are in denial. I applaud you letting us know what is happening with you and I appreciate your warnings. BUT I hate your decision. Hope you care enough about yourself to quit again soon. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 461 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1613.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 64 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$794,710.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5682 Hours: 13

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: