Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Smoking Again

17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cherie, I hope you come back soon and tell us you've restored your quit. I miss your shining eyes and cheerful voice...we need it here. I just love your joyful spirit. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 584 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,361 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2044 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 80 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$54,776.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 646 Hours: 22

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cherie, When I first saw the heading for this, I thought it was going to be one of those joke posts. You know the ones I mean? But when I started to read your text, I suddenly realised that you weren't gonna suddenly say ..."Ha, Ha I fooled you" or "it was only a smoking dream". Cherie, I don't particularly know you .... but I do know of your many posts and of the help and encouragement and kindness you have given to others here. I felt so sad to hear that this terrible addiction had managed to worm its way back into your life again. Not only that, but it's managed to trick you into continuing smoking and thinking that you don't know when you might try to quit again. All I can say to you is that your quit has to come from your inner most depths. I would love to say to you "come on, get back on track". But I won't, because as I say, your quit has to come from within you. It can't come from me, or from the others here on the site....but from you. You are the key....and only you can decide when enough is enough. You did a brave thing today. Many would have kept up the pretence of being "quit", or just 'disappeared' never to be seen again!!.....but you didn't and that takes a lot of guts. There are many people that you will have helped by being honest...that is something to be very proud of. If I could wave a magic wand and make you see what you are doing to yourself by continuing smoking....then I would. But I can't. So, we will be here waiting for you when the time is right for you to do this again. Whether you smoke or not, does not change who YOU are. You are still you, still the person that many people here have come to know and love. Stick around - you have much advice, encouragement and experience to pass on to others. All the very best to you. Rachel :) xx Two years, four months, three weeks, 22 hours, 1 minute and 27 seconds. 17458 cigarettes not smoked, saving �3,927.94. Life saved: 8 weeks, 4 days, 14 hours, 50 minutes.
  • Quit Meter

$17,516.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 789 Hours: 13

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: