Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Rd Man The Quit and all the Stories

17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Toot toot don't ever stop, you deserve it , Ciao one day at a time Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 308 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,245 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2002 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tooting my horn again. 14 months today. WooHoo! Very happy that I have continued to be quit. Life brings so much more. Being aware and consciously choosing life is a whole deal of freedom and joy in itself. The education that I have given myself over the past year plus has been great. I have some very definite goals, not so much connected to being smoke free, and almost all of them connected to stress reduction and the extension of my life. The learning has been that all of the creation is so much easier with a great set of rewards in place. Most of the rewards are my favorite thing and that is to travel. So off I go. Ciao Phillip ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 424 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,613 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3392 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 70 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RDMan, Congratulations! 60 weeks is outstanding! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
Tooting my horn! 420 days 60 weeks! Hooray! The benefits of quitting keep on presenting themselves. Those benefits just keep making life better and better. :) Ciao Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 420 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,518 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3360 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 69 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations, wonderful stats. Isn't life grand without the addiction? Isn't it wonderful to enjoy the wonderful outdoors and the gym and the sports, no more out of breath for me. I'm happy for you that you have gotten to this point in your quit, quitting isn't easy by all means but so worth it. Yeh for us and all the wonderfull quitters. All the best Marie Hugs [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 332 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,656 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2158 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RDMan, We are happy to hear your quit has had such a positive impact on your everyday. We wish you continued success! Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RVDMan, I love reading your success story! Keep checking in! What a journey, eh? Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,589 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $417.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
:) Time passing Life is great smoke free. Working and working and doing much new. New that I never thought I would accomplish. Quitting smoking modeled a method for me to get to many many new aspects of life. TAH DAH! Ciao Hope you are all well and may all of you be blessed. Ciao Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 447 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,198 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3576 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 74 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm printing this thread as Sparky recommended and taking it with me in my "goodie bag" on my girls weekend next weekend. Thanks Riverdale man...this will keep me occupied while the ladies smoke outside! Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,443 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $357.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The problem with long term quits and quitters starting to smoke again is we just get tooo comfortable. We do not RESPECT our quit and give it the attention it deserves periodically. We take it for granted that it will "just happen". Poof...you reach 14 weeks and you will never choose to pick up another cig again and smoke it...NOT! 10 years from now, we may not have thought about a cig or smoking in months or maybe years....but a smell...a sunny day on the porch....a distant memory is jarred in our cortex's and we remember the time we smoked and did such and such at that moment, and we think...I wonder what it would be like to feel that way again. To regain that feeling, whatever it may be...because we have in 10 years...forgotten the pain and strength it took to get to the 10 year quit. Memories are a big part of who we are, and smoking memories are part of that: Our first Kiss..........Our first smoke Our first Love...........celebrating with friends, spirits and cigs Our first job......sitting on the front porch, watching the storm roll in and dragging on a cig. Wedding Day........Recieving awesome news and having a cig to celebrate. We need to always remember where we have come from...our memories are what mold us into who we are. Part of those memories are the "smoking years". I think when you reach 10 months, and your fighting the nicodemon...your also fighting your memories. I want to keep all my memories....and that means my smoking memories will always be there...so someday a long time from now...a smell...a place...an event might trigger a "memory" of my former smoking self, and it may be romanticized in my brain...but I will remember because of Riverdale Man...that it is just an illusion and should be ignored. HUGS to Riverdale Man...just know, your thread has helped countless quitters. HUGS!! [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/kaitilina/Angels-Care-Print-C10117583.jpg[/IMG] Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,445 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $357.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59

Reading this thread: