Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Rd Man The Quit and all the Stories

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
RDMan, And proud you should be! Life stressors are often the biggest obstacles to overcome smoke free. Reward yourself for staying strong! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Philip - Life has been so busy lately that I haven't had time to come here and browse and help out. My dad passed away a week ago Saturday and I felt the craving to smoke so badly (but I didn't) that I knew that I needed to come here today. Being with my extended family for a week was amazingly stressful and I couldn't belive that after all this time all I wanted to do was smoke. It made me feel better to know that you had the same feelings not too long ago. Will we always need to be on guard??? It was a frustrating time to say the least but the answer is Yes - we will always need to be on our guard. Hope all is well for you now - thank you for your wisdom and experience. I thought I was alone - but know now that I am not. Take Care Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 278 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,785 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $556 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,587.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5861 Hours: 21

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Philip - Thanks for the condolences - it was unexpected and devasting to our family but you know? Life does go on and we have to know that he is in a better place. He would have been so disappointed in me if I had slipped after all this time. 279 days and counting - I would have been disappointed in myself! Everyone there who smoked stunk so bad! It was gagging me out! But towards the end of the week I was hanging out with my sister just so I could smell the cig - how sick is that??? I am doing better since I left Atlanta and made my way back home. My husband didn't even smoke in the car - I was so proud of him and he did it all for me. Hope all is well with you and the swimming is progressing! Still haven't gotten back in the pool myself - not quite sure what I am waiting for - those pounds to come off by themselves?? I think not! Take Care and I think I will have more time to hang out here. I know that I need the support and encouragment that only ya'll can give here. THANKS! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 279 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,797 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $558 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,587.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5861 Hours: 21

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No smoking here. Today is thirteen months. Glad I have made it! I know my aura is not so very shiny and despite all odds and certainly not knowing any "secrets" I have kept my agreement to be smoke free. I have had 13 months of a new life. I celebrated with a most awesome reward a brand new very fancy digital camera. A huge amount of my time is spent playing with this wonderful new toy. I have also learned from from the amount of writting that I did here that I want to pursue writting on some other levels. I know this is not about not smoking and it is a direct result of the journey through the life of smoking, the life of quitting and into a new life of freedom. 13 months today. I am happy. I am content. I am free. I totally live each day, day to day pledging not to smoke and conciously keeping my word to myself. I am sorry that I feel this way and this way and being quit really has not gotten any easier, it has become a habit. I can easily say to myself, "Oh there is that smoking thought", I will shrug that off and move onto the next item. The dealing with the thought, the moving on has not gotten any easier, the switching behaviours has become a new habit. The freedom I now have having found this new non smoking habit is pretty awesome. The fact that making the choice, being in the new habit of saying to myself, Oh I just don't smoke, is still work. This work is the part that I find not so easy. My thought is give it more time, see what happens next, just be in the new place, the new habit and the new found health of not smoking. So congratulations to all you wonderful quitters out there. Thanks for all of your support and for sharing you journey here. Cheers Ciao for now, I'll be back to celebrate again. Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 393 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 65 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
WOW Feeling guilty and pretty low today. Probably should not post this here. I feel bad because I have not been around in the past couple of days. A good friend died very suddenly on my anniversary and I have been dealing with that. So I have not abandoned the SSC I just have other bits of my life I have to take care of. I will be back. I have no desire to smoke, only because the smoking sucks life and more than anything I want life and choose to live life. Not to be seen as negative and life is a constant flow and with this flow there is everything. Being positive has never helped me, being proactive has. So off I go to be proactive in my life. Choosing breath and life every moment. Celebrating life every day. Ciao Phillip :blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 369 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,235 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2952 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
EEEW I have been sick all day. Went to the funeral of a wonderful friend, did all that I had agreed to do. I scurried off to the doctor because I look like a lobster, totally swollen and bright bright red. Nothing to do with smoking and I have had an allergic reaction to something. SOOOO Lots of rest and putting my feet up. I am really glad I don't smoke. Whatever this is would have been even worse with all the coughing and hacking and all the stuff my body no longer does. SOOOOOOO So very very glad I don't smoke anymore. CFN TTFN :) Ciao Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 370 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,268 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2960 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Well that lobster thing is an allergic reaction to something. Most likely not contact but something I ate. I am so glad that I quit smoking because I would probably be connected to an oxygen tank right now if I hadn't quit. The swelling and redness have only increased, Doctor again today. Change the medication and now all I can do is sleep. Oh well this would have been much worse had I smoked or been smoking. SOOOOOOOOOOO NOPE! Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 371 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,298 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2968 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 61 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
OMG I knew I would shoot myself in the foot ... ! Cause here is Rusty ... and as I thought about what I had written on my way to swim I thought RUSTY. A huge thank you to you Rusty for all your help. You are so very wonderful. Thank You If I left any one else out I am so very sorry. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 366 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,169 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2928 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 60 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Well well well. How I feel on day 366. What a journey this has been and what an amazing and totally eye opening experience. I hope that what the meter says is really true. I hope that I actually get some extra life. Today has been a great slap up side the head. THREE people I know all with family members gravely ill, dying. That kind of news brings on the mortality. So I celebrated yesterday the 17th, and I have had my bit of fun and as with many celebrations the morning after is the clincher. So I am even more watchful, even more vigilant. What I really came here to post about is that I am really surprised, looking in hindsight at what was so very effective in keeping me quit. This site, posting to it and utilizing this site for the advancement of my quit. For me to see others struggle, fly through, trudge through has been the eye opening part of my quit. I got to learn so very, very much about my own personality and what I do worst or best. The regularity and contineuos posting has for me been the life giving and the God send. That I had a place to come to each time I felt shakey, that I had an ear that would hear, almost all the time. I must say I have the hardest time understanding English, however, that being said the misunderstanding is my own stuff and has not to do with any other than myself. I guess what I really want to say is that this site has been the catalyst in my quit and has been the glue that has held it together. There was a point where I didn't want much to do with this site and I came back. I thank ladybugg for her sage words, took them to heart, Marie and Lilly as well. While I am in the thanking mode and as my gratitude surfaces I have many people here i will most humbly thank. Shevie, Lady, Duffis and Pete, Marie and Gonnadoit, N2K and Free, my favorite quitter of all redrosie, Rob47 (without you beside me I am not sure I would have made it), ~ladybugg~, butterflyswimmer (a big hug to you pam), luna (I know you are in guatamala I look forward to your return), nosmokin tresa, chickstarr (alison), hummybird and golferman. THANKS from the very bottom of my heart. I know that I have left some out and I am sorry for that. I know, I know, all the flames, so what, the past is the past and you are all superb quitters.
Looking for inspiration here this morning and I certainly found it. Can't bump iot but I can link it so here it is. HUMOUR: [quote] hu�mor �noun 1. a comic, absurd, or incongruous quality causing amusement: the humor of a situation. 2. the faculty of perceiving what is amusing or comical: He is completely without humor. 3. an instance of being or attempting to be comical or amusing; something humorous: The humor in his joke eluded the audience. 4. the faculty of expressing the amusing or comical: The author's humor came across better in the book than in the movie. 5. comical writing or talk in general; comical books, skits, plays, etc. 6. humors, peculiar features; oddities; quirks: humors of life. 7. mental disposition or temperament. 8. a temporary mood or frame of mind: The boss is in a bad humor today. 9. a capricious or freakish inclination; whim or caprice; odd trait. 10. (in medieval physiology) one of the four elemental fluids of the body, blood, phlegm, black bile, and yellow bile, regarded as determining, by their relative proportions, a person's physical and mental constitution. 11. any animal or plant fluid, whether natural or morbid, as the blood or lymph. �verb (used with object) 12. to comply with the humor or mood of in order to soothe or make content or more agreeable: to humor a child. 13. to adapt or accommodate oneself to. �Idiom 14. out of humor, displeased; dissatisfied; cross: The chef is feeling out of humor again and will have to be treated carefully. [/quote] Here it is and please, please, please use HOMOUR when reading. [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=30393&forum=1]BOOOOOOM, BOOOOOOM[/url] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 362 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2896 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 59 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17

Reading this thread: