Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Rd Man The Quit and all the Stories

17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's appealing to flip concepts and think of the positive of having survived a crave, rather than focus on the struggle of getting through it. I may try this. Glad to see you back. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 86 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
:) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
RiverdaleMan, I also started when I was aged 13 and am about your age now. Isn't that a miricale(sp) in and of itself. Sorry I'm late to wish you the best of luck (strength) and well wishes for your here-to-fore strength. You've offered a lot of support to others to this point and I can see that already it is coming back, ten-fold. keep in touch and use what resources you have available ( that includes us - your greek chorus). [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 79 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There you go, Phillip! There's a silver lining in every cloud. We learn, I think, from the pain we go through. Makes us stronger in the end. It doesn't seem like it at the time, but that's the natural order of things. I believe we are here on this earth for a reason, and nothing is ever coincidence. I believe in reincarnation and that each life is a lesson unto itself. I think there must a reason why all of us have to battle this addiction. What are we learning from it, besides feeling better physically. I try to remember these things when I'm jumping up and down in frustration. Nearly a year, Phillip!!! Looks good on you, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 224 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip, truly I hope you have a marvelous time on your trip. You truly deserve it and you've worked soooo hard for this. All the best to you, my friend, and your wee beagle too! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phillip, huge, HUGE congratulations. Well done. And here's to many many more of them. S x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,479 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, I totally understand how you feel and applaud you for hanging on tight, it will become easier with time. Enjoy your new camera it's so pleasant to share memories. One day at a time Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 277 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,719 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1800.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
RVDMAN Congratulations on remaining smoke-free, I always read your posts even though I don't participate in this forum anymore. You have been an inspiration for me. Please don't go back there, it won't change anything ,on the contrary it will make things worse, you are going through a hard time right now dig deep down inside and you will find the strength, you have done it before, think of your health also...... you will be in my prayers and I will check in on you. Hold on tight you have it in you I believe it. I am sending you positive vibes Hugs Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 212 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,614 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1378 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Hi,RVDMAN , we missed you around here, glad you're doing well. Are you baking pies for Christmas? :) Enjoy the rest of your week-end isn't great to be a non-smoker :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 137 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,066 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $548 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
I read your post again and aren't you proud, you're beating the odds??? Good for you I love fooling statistics :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 138 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,076 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $552 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44

Reading this thread: