Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,531 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Group Discussion on Session 1

9 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Session 1 trapped

I feel soo trapped
I dont know how to escape my head, I can hardly sleep, I feel like getting out of my house is a different version of being trapped but i feel trapped there too. I have been out of work for about 5 months, a variation of trapped and feeling incredibly useless.   Im not sure if this is where this post goes, but Im trying to figure out how use this site. I dont really get it. Trapped...
How do i progress in this program i have the hand out, I type in the blog and I fill in the mood tracker, but Im not sure how else or what else to do...
trapped.... not progression, feeling terrible...  downtrodden and depressed...
9 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are doing it right now :)

9 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How to post in a group discussion?
9 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing what works with you Linda. It was always nice to know some tips from the people who use the resources.

In my case I print several worksheets, have them nearby at home and at the office, and discard it even on the day I use them for privacy reasons.

9 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Helpful tip:  print off master copies of the worksheets, place them in a plastic sleeve in a binder & use tracing paper to place over each sheet & record your daily Activity Sheet, Thought Records, etc.

I was getting overwhelmed with all the papers & was not printing them off or completing them, which is unusual for me as I certainly have some OC tendencies.  I am trying out this method to reduce the number of sheets, etc. ...at least it gets me to formulate my thoughts and write them down so I can reflect upon them.
10 years ago 0 619 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,
Welcome aboard and congratulations on the conclusion of session 1! Maybe if you keep with the program you could start thinking more clearly and start making small decisions which could help you feel better. But you already started doing something about your depression, keep the good work and do not quit, you are capable. The results come with time.
10 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just completed Session One! I am hoping that this program will help me overcome my depression, I've been on meds and reading Feeling Good by David D Burns, I see a social worker, I've been doing yoga, pilates and walking on a treadmill. My problem stems from the fact that I am stuck at my parents house, and they're very negative, and we're all constantly fighting which is not helping overcome my depression or think very positively! I'm always having these huge crying fests, thank god for my sister, she's the only support I've got right now, but she's a bit far away and I miss her terribly, which also depresses me :( I cannot see positive future and am having trouble trying to figure out what I should do, where I should go and how the hell I can get rid of this depression once and for all!
10 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, I finished session 1 a couple of weeks ago and I've been using the activity tracker every day. I find it difficult to really determine how I'm feeling however ever I try and in trying I'm seeing some patterns based on what I'm doing, with who, where. I think I will continue to use the activity tracker to improve this skill and to make it more a regular habit. Nanomay
10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's great!

Can you share one piece of learning you found helpful with us?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, I just finished session 1. even though I was diagnosed with depression 61/2 years ago there was a lot that I learned from this session. The questions that I answered really made me think. Some of the stuff I already knew but it didn't click with me until I read here and actually thought about it. I'm amazed by how much I actually learned. It has helped me to think of this in a totally different way. Well I guess I will go now I just wanted to share my experience. quietgirl

Reading this thread: