Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,676 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke

No Panic Attacks

18 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sharon, Try some relaxation techniques before bed to fully relax you. Yoga and pilates work to stretch and relax you. Perhaps a long hot bath and chapter book, or even a hot drink. Make a list of relaxing activities and pick one each night to do. This may help relax you and ease up on the bad dreams. Let us know how you do, Josie ___________________________________ The Depression Center Support Team.
18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gabbi, How are things going with you? Have you been going out more? Yesterday I felt the best I have for the past 12 months. I got my neighbour to come over and give me a massage/shiatsu. It was so nice. Today is a different story. I haven't been sleeping well. I am finally having dreams but they are not nice dreams. So far I have been attacked by lions and knifed from head to toe. I wake up at 2:07am from these dreams and find it hard to clear those seens from my head and then find it hard to get back to sleep. After therapy today I felt like such a loser that I could let some problems burn inside for me 20 years. I can't even look at myself in the mirror. Sorry for ranting. Sharon
18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sharon Im sure you are right about my husband he knows exactly what hes doing not that he would admit it he is being really nice at the moment cause my son told him we went and had a look at a house the other day so i think he knows im serious.I just cant stand him to be around anymore i know that sounds awful but i just cant take anymore of his crap. On monday night i took my kids over to the supermarket my husband was suppose to be home so he could take us but he never came home till 9pm and i had to get stuff for the kids for school so i got so angry i thought i'll show you and i did it i went grocery shopping with my kids i am so proud of myself.Then i took my son to school and my younger son to pre school with my girls with me(the first time in 5 months)I am on a mission i have a point to prove im going to do it i have to prove to myself i can thanks for your support it really helps.Your right about being scared thats all it is fear im scared to be alone im scared but that dosnt mean i cant do it. Im glad to hear you are getting out and about too.You have absolutely no reason to feel guilty of your boyfriends death you didnt make him get in the car you are not to blame i see why you feel that way but truly it was not your fault.Its hard to lose people that we love in normal circumstances but to lose 2 people who you love in awful ways would be devastating i can understand why you would want to get away but as the old saying goes you can run but you cant hide those feelings are going to be there no matter where you move to.I think it will be a big help for you to work through this with you therapist although im sure it will be hard you will be ok in the end and im always here if you need support ok.Take care.Gabbi.
Gabbi, I am sorry to hear that you are not doing well. I think your husband knows which buttons to push and that makes you feel bad. I think he is just doing this so you won't leave. Keep your chin up and try and think about your future with your kids. I know that it is hard to think positive right now, but look back on last week when your took your daughter and son on their errands. You know you can do it but you are scared. We all have faith in you and we all know you can do it. Remember, you always have a friend and confidant in me and I am here for you. For me, things are going well. I just finished going for a 2 hour walk outside and did some shopping. I go back to therapy on Wednesday and we will be discussing why I left Australia and the guilt I feel around my boyfriend, who died in a car accident in 1991. I was supposed to met him for drinks on a Friday after work, but I had a huge migraine and when I got home from work I went straight to bed. I didn't phone him or let him know that I was doing. That evening he got in a car with another guy, they had both been drinking and decided to drive to Adelaide, but they never made it. If I had only contacted him he might still be alive today. In that same year I had my best friend murdered and I have never come to grips with that. That is the reason why I left Australia. Take care - Sharon
Hi Sharon that medication side effect sounds awful how long till you see your psychiatrist?Sounds very painful for you hopefully there is something else that you can take instead.I have fallen into the hole again i was going so well and my husband and i had a huge fight for an hour and a half he ranted and raved at me telling me how i dont appreciate him and the hours he puts in at work is all for our future and that i am a problem because he has to 'babysit' our kids when i go to my therapist and doctors because he should be at work not taking time out for me.I feel like everything is such a hassle i dont even want to get out of bed just wish i could sleep the days away then wake up all better.I hate living like this its so hard.sorry for being so negative just dont feel very positive at the moment.I told my mum on the weekend i was only with him because of the kids and she told me 'rubbish nobody does that anymore' and that was that she just dismissed me like that.I feel so alone.You dont sound vain to me about your weight i have been battling anorexia for 10 years i have put on 11 kilos since january im up to 53kg at 170 cms tall i know im underweight but i still starve myself i have only had 1 cup of tea and a low fat muffin bar today its like i punish myself for everything else thats going on in my life.Sorry i didnt have any good news to tell you today.I hope you are feeling better.Gabbi.
I bet your kids are so proud of you and see an improvement. I hope that you found a new house to live in. I am proud of you for standing up for yourself. It sounds like you are on the long road to recovery. I am so happy for you that you can drive and take your kids out. My kids are proud of me when I go outside, so I try and take them with me so that they see some improvement. Things here are still the same. Nothing has improved. One of the side effects of Perphenazine is muscular skeleton aches and pains. So far both my knees are really sore, and I find it difficult to walk up and down stairs, and my lef hip joints aches and I can't cross my legs without major pain. At my next Psychiatrist appointment I am going to ask to switch to a different drug as the pain is starting to interfer in what I can do. I am finding it difficult to even ride the exercise bike. My appetite has come back with a vengeance. I have gained some weight that I didn't want to. I am well within my healthy range but I want to be lower. I know that sounds so vain, but I can't help it. I look forward to hearing about your new house. Sharon
Hi Sharon i hope going back on the Seroquel helps you i hate feeling so down as im sure everyone here does i have done some suprising things the past 2 days i took my daughter into a shop to get a bday present for my niece BY MYSELF :)Then i took my son to the supermarket to get a couple of things BY MYSELF :)Then today i went and had a look at a house with my kids no husband needed it has boosted my confidence bigtime.I am going to my parents house for the weekend so next week we can work out the time difference and get on the CBT buddies at the moment its 4:10pm so i will see what time comes up when i post and work it out from there ok.Be strong you can get through this tough time ok.Take care.Gabbi.
Gabbi, I'm sorry to hear about your fight with your husband. Be strong and follow your instincts. Maybe he is part of your anxiety and agorophobia. Things here continue to go downhill. My depression has come back, even though it never went away. I feel totally helpless and like I did before I started therapy. Onthe bright side I don't have the panic attacks anymore by my anxiety has increased. I has stopped Seroquel about 2 weeks ago as I was sleeping fine. I have now gone back on Seroquel (tt is an anti-psychotic) and I will see if this improves my mood. I have downloaded the CBT buddies so we will have to arrange a time in which we can use the instant messanging. I think that we have an 18 hour time difference so let me know what time of the day is best for you. Take care Sharon
Hi Sharon how was today for you how did your visit with the therapist go?I hope you are feeling better i am feeling much stronger.Today and yesterday i have felt like the old me i have been driving alot even going into some shops alone so i feel like im making real progress on that front as for my husband thats a whole different story.I have given him a week to seek counselling or im leaving i have been looking for houses but i havnt seen anything with our needs as yet there is one near my sons school which would be fabulous but its very small so thats a problem hopefully something will pop up for me in the next week.If i can get through this you can too!Keep your chin up.Gabbi.
Gabbi, I am glad that you are feeling better. Deep down in your heart you know that you need to kick you husband to the curb. You first instinct when he disrespected you in front of the kids was to make him leave. I know that you can do this and I believe that once you get him to leave, even for a few months that your anxiety will decrease and once you are feeling better you can decide whether you want to work with him or not. Things here have gotten worse. At the beginning of last week things were much better, but since Thursday and so far this week things have been pretty bad. I feel like sleeping all day, I am angry and irritated all the time, my obsessive behaviour has gotten worse, my anxiety has increased and I cry alot during the day, which I haven't done for over a month. I don't know what is going on but I feellike I am having a relapse and going back down the long dark tunnel which I know longer see the light. I go to therapy tomorrow so we will see what she says. Take care Sharon

Reading this thread: